v. THE WEIRD GIRLS

JULY 19th, 1978
8:35 P.M.

With the trap all set, Y/N ran out to place a fake note a Sunnyvaler was sure to find, right near the jail for the red team, since Color War had started.

And soon enough, she saw a kid grab it and take it inside to where Sheila hopefully was, which had Y/N sprinting back to the outhouses where the other two lay waiting. At her return, they knew to be ready, making sure that the music and the flower trail were set up, and sure enough, minutes later Sheila came.

"Will, this is too cute!" She giggles, "Could've done it in you bunk, but I guess this is kind of hot." She says making Y/N fake gag as Ziggy tried to hold in her laughs.

The wait in the next stall as they hear the door creak open. They count to 15, just to make sure Sheila was looking up before Ziggy pulls the rope, releasing the bugs all over her.

At her screams, the three make a run for it, but not before Nick locks the door, keeping her in.

The three sprint back to the Science and Nature cabin, their laughter echoing through the trees before they're finally back safe, Nick closing the door behind them. "Did you hear her?" Ziggy asks Y/N.

"She sounded like a frog," She laughs, mimicking her scream, making Nick (and not-so-secretly Ziggy) smile.

"See, wasn't it worth it?" He asks with a small, yet hopeful look on his face. When Y/N sends him a thankful smile he continues, "What'd I tell ya?"

"Fuck paint!" Ziggy exclaims.

Y/N nods with a bright smile and repeats, "Fuck paint."

She hasn't smiled this much since her dad left.

Nick looks between them before hearing another counselor shout for him. "And that's my cue," He says, turning back to the girls, but his eyes lingering on Y/N. "Until next time," He says, adding a dramatic bow making the two laugh once more before going towards the door, but before he exits he turns back around. "If I were you, I would wait until capture the flag's over, I mean, unless you want to get in trouble." He says before closing the door behind him.

Ziggy goes to lean against the table as Y/N looks into the glass cases holding different types of animals. "Looks like we got some time to kill, L/N." Ziggy says, looking over to the girl.

"Any ideas, Berman?" She asks, sitting down at the table across from Ziggy.

.

"Alright, next question." Y/N says, swinging her legs back and forth from her place on the desk. "Uh, What about you and your sister? You guys ever get along?" Y/N asks, watching as Ziggy turned to face her from where she was looking at some of the plants.

She laughs lightly, trying to lift some of the tension from the question, "I thought these were supposed to be easy questions."

"Says who?" Y/N challenged, getting up from the table and going over the the possum in the glass. "There are no rules to this game."

Ziggy, instead of answering, goes over to a different glass and bends down before wincing, "God, I hate snakes." She mumbles.

"Why are you dodging my question?" Y/N asks teasingly.

Ziggy glances over to her and scoffs playfully, "Why do you care?"

"I'm curious." Y/N answered after a moment.

Ziggy tilts her head, "And I'm curious about what happened between you and Nick." she fires back.

Y/N scoffs. "Nope, not happening." She shakes her head.