xiii. THE END.

OCTOBER 4th, 1994
1:13 A.M.

"Ok, we need a plan B." Martin states as he watches the killers in front of him with cautions eyes as they inspect the sweater, "like now."

Josh looks from the Milkman to Nightwing and shakes his head, "No, we just need more plan A!"

Opening the gates quickly, they grab their discarded water guns as the four spray the different killers with the blood.

All making their way back to the store and closing the gate, Martin kneels beside Y/N as he whispers to the group, "I got that creepy perv motherfucker right in the bullseye."

They all watch as the killers slowly approach each other, the blood glowing green under the black light. Martin swallows nervously as he asks, "This is gonna work, right?"

And just as the words leave his mouth, the Grifter lifts the Milkman and slams him on the ground, making Y/N flinch when Ziggy jumps.

Nightwing comes at the Grifter, his axe chopping through him multiple times, the group gasping as Skull Mask has his turn, the four in an all out brawl, the four cowering behind the window as they watched the blood bath.

Y/N almost let out a sigh of relief, but it was cut off when Josh spoke softly, yet his tone carried worry. "Guys? We lost Sam."

Y/N turns her head in the direction of Josh's focus just in time to see the door Deena left through to chase down Goode close behind a blonde figure.

"Shit."

The group froze at the new information, Josh being the first one to regain his voice as they looked over the now lifeless bodies of the killers, but they wouldn't be like that for long. "Now they're dead, but that's now gonna last. We don't have a lot of time." He speaks as he raises the gate. "We have to get ready to fight."

A loud noise is heard from the other end of the mall. "Wait!" Ziggy grabs the cuff of Josh's shirt to stop him from walking out of the safety of the store. "What the hell is that?"

They all turn to see Billy Barker standing by the candy dispenser, banging his large bat repeatedly against it.

And Y/N shakes as Ruby's singing is heard again. "Ruby." She mumbles, Ziggy clutching her hand again.

Martin stumbles back a step before turning away from the frightening sight. "Ok, you know what?" He says as he walks over to the stashed water guns, "At least when still have magic blood." He pulls the trigger of the water gun, his face falling when all that comes out is the sound of air escaping. "I'm tapped."

Y/N and Ziggy go for their guns as well, both internally panicking when they both come up empty as well.

Josh shakes his head, not yet willing to admit defeat, "No, no, no! We can find other weapons! We can use the delivery hallway, outflank them. We — "

"Or," Martin says, cutting off his rambling, "We can wait it out."

"What?" Josh asks incredulously, "No, no! No, we're too close!" He insists, "Too many people have died, I'm not letting them take my sister too!" The words strike a cord in Ziggy, knowing all to well the fear for your sibling's life, wanting nothing more than to protect Josh from the horror of losing a sibling. "We have to protect her! Please..." He begs, his voice getting softer.

Y/N looks to Ziggy and watches as she looks down, no doubt memories of Cindy running through her mind.

Josh sets his shoulders before creeping or of the store and reaching down for the discarded axe from Nightwing.

Feeling the weapon between his hands, he stands, turning to face the evil melodic song of Ruby Lane. "Up, up, down, down..." He mutters to himself as he draws nearer, "Left, right, B, A, start!" He shouts, bringing he axe down on Ruby with a sickening sound.

He swings again, but she ducks, he axe getting lodged in the wall and enough time for Ruby to get a clean cut across his stomach. Josh lets out a scream from the pain, Ruby using her hands to stretch and pull harshly at his skin, another scream escaping his lips.

Y/N looks nervously between the group as she makes a run for it, grabbing a gun that they stashed, Ziggy running close behind.

Ruby pulls back, a snap coming from his limp, "My arm!"

He flips around as Ruby pulls out her razor, making the boy scream once more, "Get off of me! Get off of me!"

His cries are cut off by the sound of a gunshot, Ruby's black blood splattering on his face.

Y/N lowers the gun and states, "That's one."

Josh sits up, coughing slightly from the fight. Just as he does so, the other killers start to piece themselves back together.

"Oh, fu — "

Y/N points the gun at the Grifter as he stands before them, his height towering over them all, but the persistent banging makes her turn the weapon towards Barker.

She fires, nailing him in the head, again in the abdomen. She pulls the trigger again, only for a click to be received. "I'm — that's it!" She cries, Ziggy standing with her back pressed to Y/N's as she holds out her gun, firing a few times at the Grifter, only for her attention to turn towards Nightwing as he rises from the ashes.

The four start to panic as all the killers start to rise. "Come on!" Martin shouts, looking from killer to killer, trying to see who would pounce first.

The all stand tall as they approach, because if they're going down, they're gonna give them hell before they do.

And just as Nightwing raises his axe to strike, one by one the killers explode into dust, leaving nothing but their fluttering remains.

Josh looks around, a smile creeping onto his face. "She did it."

They all let out different sounds of relief, Ziggy dropping her weapon, as does Y/N, the pair of them sinking to the floor, buried in each other's embrace, not caring about the company of the two guys.

"She fucking did it."

Ziggy shushes Y/N as her body shakes with relief. "It's over," She whispers into her ear, "It's all over."

Y/N pulls back from their tight embrace to meet Ziggy's lips for a long awaited kiss.

She pulls Ziggy closer, wanting to cherish this moment, cherish her, for as long as she could.

"I did not see that coming!" Martin exclaims from behind them, making them pull away with multiple laughs escaping them.

The two girls turn back to each other with relieved smiles adorning their faces, despite the sweat and blood.

And for once, Ziggy wasn't scared of the future.

In fact, she was ready to face it. As long as Y/N was by her side, what more could she ask for?