⊰ CH 4: NEGLECTED ⊱

AFTER DORIAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT AT LAST night's dinner, Dianna felt her mood grow bitter. She wasn't jealous of his internship. She felt neglected.

She's always had a complicated relationship with her family. Sure, she's close with her brother, but as soon as they are around their parents, it's like he suddenly becomes an only child.

If she just left one day and never came back, she's not sure if her parents would even notice.

She believes she should be fine... but yesterday just showed her something. She's been assigned as Ravenclaw Prefect ever since it became an option for her. Were they proud? Sure, if that means "your next goal should be head girl," means proud.

They've always been so pleased with their only son. The future head of the family name.

She's never been the chosen one. She's just the girl who they will have to marry off to some rich pureblood so it looks good for them.

She does her best to just keep her mouth shut, not just at home but in general as well. She just doesn't want to keep disappointing people.

She feels lucky that she met Regulus during her second year. He may be the only one who remotely understands her home life. He's the only one she actually speaks to unless you count Charlotte or Pandora.

Speaking of them, Regulus and Pandora haven't written back to any of her letters. She hopes it's just the ministry messing with the mail and that they are okay. The war is getting worse by the day and their families are in the middle of it.

Wanting to clear her head, she starts to get ready to leave to head back to the bookstore.

☽☆☾

Remus was flipping through a herbology book on the second floor of Joey's Book Café when he heard the front door open, the bell over it letting out a little chime.

For a split second, he looks up from his book to the door before looking back down. He furrows his brows before looking up again. Dianna Rain holds her bag close to her as she makes a beeline for a bookshelf in the corner.

Her tight long brown curls drape over her shoulder neatly as her chocolate brown eyes search for a specific book.

Remus quickly looked back down at the book he was reading, feeling as if it was rude to stare. He found himself unable to focus on the words on the page. He shifts in his seat as he forces himself to turn away from the women on the floor below.

He drinks some of his tea, doing his best to distract himself, by reading more about gilly weed.

He, Sirius, and Peter are staying at Potter Manor for the next few weeks. Although Sirius will be staying there for the rest of the summer. Sirius. It was only a year ago when they had admitted their feelings for each other. He remembers it well because he was the first person he came out to...

Last year at a Gryffindor Halloween party...

Eerie rock music plays throughout the Gryffindor common room as many drunk teens dance together in the middle of the room, most of them in costume. Remus stood, leaning against the fireplace with Peter with a red solo cup in hand.

He hadn't decided to dress up but Peter was dressed as a pirate.

James, who was dressed as James Bond, was in a corner trying to get Lily, who was dressed as a fairy, to dance with him, only to get rejected again.

Sirius was jumping up and down to the music along with the rest of the crowd as he mouthed all the lyrics to the muggle song currently playing. He was dressed up as Freddy Mercury.