⊰ CH 7: TYPICAL ⊱

"SHIT. SHIT. SHIT," DIANNA HEARS Rodolphus mutter to himself. She turns to see the dirty blonde man sitting up in bed, glaring at the clock on her side table.

"What's wrong, darling?" she asks, still standing on the balcony before pacing toward him, holding her second cigarette loosely between her forefinger and middle.

He quickly tosses the bedsheet off his naked body before grabbing his boxers and trousers off the floor. "I am supposed to have a meeting soon," he tells the girl in a hurry.

"Do you need to leave now? I could have Poppy make us some breakfast before you go," the witch suggests as she hands him his button-up shirt which had been discarded on her desk chair.

"That sounds lovely, love, but I really shouldn't have stayed as long as I did as it is. My sister is probably paranoid out of her mind wondering where I've been," he sighs as he continues to dress himself in a rush.

Pandora. He's right. She's, no doubt, worried. Dianna hates lying to her. But both she and Ruefolphus agree to keep it under wraps. They wouldn't want Pandora to have to hide their secret, which has grown sufficiently in the past few hours, as well.

"What are you going to say?" Dianna asks.

Rudolphus doesn't reply for a moment as he slips on his socks. "That I... I don't know. I'll improvise."

The girl nods a little as she raises the cigarette to her lips before taking a drag. She slowly walks over, sitting next to him on the edge of the bed. She lets out a puff of smoke before resting her chin on his left shoulder, holding the cigarette out for him.

She rubs his right bicep as he nods once, taking the cigarette. He raises it to his lips before taking a long drag. He then looks at Dianna, making eye contact for the first time this morning as a cloud of smoke leaves his pink lips.

"Hi," she mutters softly with a smile.

"Hi, darling," he replies, leaning his forehead on hers. The girl moves her right hand from his bicep to the back of his neck, her fingers running through the ends of his hair. He sighs, closing his eyes.

"You need to go," she whispers softly.

He nods, the movement making her nod as well. "I know," he replies in the same tone, opening his green eyes.

He stands, pulling her with him before his fingers trace over her jawline, pulling her in. Our noses graze each other. Dianna closes the gap between them, using the hand that is still tangled in his hair to pull him closer. Their lips are moving together furiously. His other hand moves to her waist, making sure not to let the cigarette graze her nightgown or skin.

He starts to back her up as his tongue slips into her mouth. Everywhere he touches burns in the best ways. Our tongues rustle for dominance as she feels her back lightly press into the wall behind her. She lets out a small moan which returns her to her senses. She presses her palm to his chest. "You need to go, Rue," she repeats breathlessly, breaking the kiss.

He bites his bottom lip as he looks down at her, desire lost in his eyes. He takes a few deep breaths, regaining control of himself. He takes a step back, his face expressionless other than the loose smirk he wears. "I'm keeping this, then," he says, gesturing to the cigarette in his right hand.

"If you insist," she sighs, leaning her head back against the wall. They stare at each other for a moment before she breaks the comfortable silence. "Go, before we stay in this room for the rest of the day."

He grins, side-stepping toward the door. "Ah, that sounds quite tempting, though."

"It does. Doesn't it?" she agrees with a smirk, opening her door for him.