⊰ CH 11: MYSTERIOUS ⊱

"WHO?" THE GIRL ASKS DESPERATELY.

"A boy," her friend dodges the question.

"Nothing. You're not going to tell me anything else about this mysterious boy?" Charlotte pries, trying to milk as much information from Dianna as possible.

"It's barely started." The girl shrugs, looking down at her hands as she fidgets with her rings. "There's not much to say," Dianna lies, feeling that the truth would be too hard to explain.

Charlotte had arrived at Rain Manor less than an hour before this discussion with the burning desire to catch up on everything she'd missed while away from her best friend. Her first question was pointed to her and Rudolphus's complicated situationship. Dianna had woefully shared the news of his and Bellatrix's wedding. The dirty blonde girl was readily prepared to discuss the topic further, unlike the brunette, who quickly changed the subject to how she had her official first date the night before.

Which leads us to the current conversation taking place.

"It's not Remus Lupin, is it?" Charlotte asks. "Don't think I forgot about you're fleeting moment on the train, Anna," she teases her friend, nudging her lightly.

Finding her toothy grin contagious, a small smile sprouts on Dianna's lips. "No." She shakes her head. Not a lie. It wasn't Remus who she went on a date with.

Charlotte sighs, laying back against Dianna's headboard as she tries to rack her brain for who it could possibly be. "I don't think I've ever seen you speak to a boy who wasn't Regulus or your brother," she thinks aloud as she grabs a throw pillow from beside her and hugs it close to her body.

"I have. Not a big fan." Dianna shrugs, smirking at her sarcastic remark.

"Oh, believe me. I know." Charlotte looks at her friend with wide eyes. "You have no idea how relieved I was when I found out I was only attracted to women." She visibly shivers at the thought.

"Lucky you," Dianna remarks amusedly. She truly missed her extroverted friend and all her antics over the last few weeks. "If it gets serious, trust that you and Dora will be the first to know," she assures her, returning to their original conversation.

Charlotte sighs as she looks around her friend's room with a smile. "The whole place, just to ourselves," she smirks. "Y'know, we could throw a groovy party here if we really wanted to," she suggests.

Dianna groans at the thought of seeing people, dramatically laying flat from where she sits across from her friend on her bed.

"It was just a thought!" Charlotte chuckles.

"I don't want a billion teens partying here until 3 AM. That's my reading time," Dianna grumbles.

"What time do you go to bed?" Charlotte asks her friend concernedly with a frown.

"Bold of you to assume I sleep at all." Dianna looks at her friend from the corner of her eye, feeling too lazy to move.

"Merlin, your sleep schedule is so fucked," Charlotte giggles.

"Ha, ha! I know," Dianna chuckles guiltily.

The room fills with the sound of the girls' laughter.

☾☆☽

The four Gryffindor boys glanced out the window every few minutes as the sun passed below the horizon.

James insisted on Remus staying at his place during the full moons occurring over break so they could all be there for him.

He, Remus, and Peter spent the entire afternoon the day before preparing the shed just yards away from the Potter's Manor. They cleared out all the furniture that was initially in it and boarded up all but one of the windows so only natural light would seep in. Wouldn't want the wolf getting curious now, do we?