1.1

✰

There was no doubt in Tango's mind that she loved her Charlie. They went on walks, she got to smell many exciting scents, they hunted bad guys and the best of all, car rides.

Charlie took her everywhere with him, likely why they were so close. Because not only were they partners on the force, but companions at home as well. Her human liked to talk to her a lot as well, Tango considered herself a very intelligent dog since she could do so many tricks and understand what her human meant when he spoke to her.

That's why Tango was so excited when Charlie passed their home. Obviously they were going somewhere further, since usually after work they would go back home. But no, not today. Whilst Charlie was relaxed with her, Tango was still a police dog so there were certain rules that she couldn't skip.

For example, she was never allowed to sit in the front of the car, unless there was someone in the back of the car. But Tango was very content on sitting in the back of the car, the window rolled down, her nose pointed towards the sky, winds filled with different smells filling her snout.

It had been a very inactive day for her human. Usually they patrolled the main town a little and then on break they would take a quick walk. Charlie was fortunate that he had an office, he had a dog bed and bowls in there especially for Tango. Occasionally she would patrol with other officers, they were just as nice as Charlie was, especially the old ones who sat in the diner. They always gave her bacon.

It wasn't long before they came to a stop. Charlie got out of the car and didn't bother to grab the lead from the passenger seat. The chief of police opened the door and Tango immediately hopped out, standing at her owner's side. The canine was currently four years old and had been with Charlie since she started training at 12 months old.

Training includes obedience, search, tracking and obeying commands. Both owner and dog learnt how to work as a team and have all the necessary skills to work in the police dog unit. Tango was the only dog on the Forks police force, Charlie had requested a canine after it took them weeks to find a meth lab and like a perfect fit Charlie found Tango.

Charlie hadn't bothered changing from his uniform which meant Tango still had her police harness on, she really had no feelings towards the thing they attached to her body. It was heavy but it was strong so she was protected, either way the dog didn't put up a fuss which Charlie always appreciated.

Tango was always on constant alert, even as Charlie told her to sit as he leant against the hood of the cruiser. The dog didn't know how long they waited, she didn't know what for but Charlie smelt anxious. Tango desperately wanted to cuddle him but she knew the rule, no public cuddles.

Bella who had been nervous the whole flight had completely forgotten the fact that her dad had a dog, much less a police dog. Sure she remembered meeting Tango twice when Charlie drove down to Arizona for two weeks each summer but the dog was always attached to Charlie and so well behaved.