CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

The weather was a bit drizzled with moist, it had rained for the first time during the night and the aura of the environment had suddenly changed into an unflustered blustery nature. Ruwaida loved it! She wanted to stay in bed for the whole day, relax her tired limbs and fill her heart with the placidity of her besiege.

But she couldn't. Turaad informed her of the plans they'd, tho not very clearly but she'd to pack. She squirmed tiredly out of bed and made for her bathroom to start a normal day, nevertheless, that day would turn out quite different. She was for the first time, visiting the capital city.

There was some sort of excitement in her to explore the city if she could, see their type of buildings and how everything there was. With such thoughts, she quickened the pace at which she was arranging her clothes into the boxes and later on, Muhammad joined her. His was nothing much, just the day to day clothes he always wore and then few necessities, thus, did not take much of his time to finish.

They bought a handful of items from the grocery store on their way, catching up on all the gists concerning Zarah's upcoming wedding and also, showing her places he knew and Ruwaida listened with studious ears.

When they branched at a filling station, Ruwaida's eyes gleamed brightly at the sight of heavy buckets of Awara, arrayed into rows as young girls sat behind, selling by the corner transport office of the station.

At first Muhammad did not notice, he went outta the car, payed the cashier and returned in, mentioning about how before, petrol wasn't so costly but Ruwaida did not hear him. He followed her gaze and suddenly, he narrowed his eyes at her. "Ruwaida!, why are you staring at those street foods," When she turned and gave him a cheeky smile, he returned it with a pleading gaze. "Don't tell me you want to have those..abeg,"

She nodded. "I really love awara...Mama use to make it and I got so used to it. It has been long since I ate those," She blinked more than a few times. "Can I have it?," 

Before he was being tricked by her eyes, he shook his head and ignited the car. "Please," Muhammad plumped up her sit and tucked in her sit belt firmly pointing out quick-wittily that 'no, then zoomed out the station. 

He was afraid, and not until someone affirms to him that she was not vulnerable to getting infected quite easily, he wasn't going to let her eat all sorts of foods, because at his stage of knowledge, he knew how weak her immune system was. Any cholera infused food was a big 'no! no!'

She felt stabbed and decided to ignore him for a few minutes because the rest of the time, she used it to take a siesta unknowingly.

She had been sitting huddled in the passenger sit of the car, up until their arrival and she woke curtly from a restive doze before padding along the new compound in which she found herself.

"I took the bags inside, come check the house," Muhammad treaded softly to the booth of the car and picked the last bag then smiled towards her. She wasted no time in following behind as he rushed forward, looking around skeptically as she did. It was gigantic.

She did not have a good look at the outside surrounding but for sure, the inner spoke style, grace, smoothness and extreme sophistication.

Flushed in a daze of dusky colors, she still could tell how effortlessly the furnitures had been kept to sparkle, unspotted to the highest gradation, she unintentionally leered and went to feel the fake plants amassed in clay pots beside the door.

"You like them? I'll tell Baba Isa to get you some for your room corridor," He smiled and turned on the lights of the living room, and she thought, she'd never known Muhammad as an extravagant person, if this house is his' she postulated then mused. 'For sure he'd gone all out on the interior'

She cleared her throat and walked pass him as if she knew around the house. That he gets for not buying her awara.

Looking through the first room and finding some of her belongings, she decided that was where she'd stay.

"Here are the room keys, I'll go get us food...you can rearrange it the way you like," Muhammad passed the keys and she took them, smiled and went wondering peaceably around the room. He stood there for seconds, minutes, then he understood she wasn't talking to him. He scratched his nape. "Why not we go get the food together? you'll see the city a bit more,"

She'd almost, almost fallen for that, but she suppressed the hankering that kicked in her to adjust back her veil and follow him right out that very door. Even so instead, reached for her traveling bag, took out the set of bedsheets then began to slowly make the bed. "You go, I'll organize the room a bit,"

"Okay then, I'll see you in an hour," he left feeling somehow. He in all honesty did not like her ignoring him. But what could he do?

Of course!

He thought it would be nice to look around the area and find her the beanscake, hoping it would brighten her mood. With all the trouble he went through, searching streets after streets to find that food, when he finally got it and brought it to her, she sincerely told him that she did not want them anymore. He felt like pulling off his two legs and throwing them out the window.

"What about the fried rice then? Don't you want it too?," He placed the now not so important surprise 'awara' on the kitchen counter. He found Ruwaida in the kitchen putting in some utensils when he returned, and from how cheerful she was, the new kitchen seemed to be her most favorite place. That he could assure!

"Of course I do," She grinned. "I'll set the table, would you like some tea?," He nodded in appreciation and Ruwaida went to make the tea, steamed the food some more, then served them both.

"How long will we be hear?," Ruwaida asked as they ate.

"I can't say, but till after your treatment, this's our home now,"

"Hm, okay then," she did not sound so excited, tho he tried his possible best to make the house just right for her mental state, especially when things come to be critical. He thought a serene, commodious and aerated house filled with nature could help so much, but seeing she did not very much like it, he felt it wasn't the best resolution.

He sighed. "Ruwaida? Tell me sincerely, don't you like the house? If you don't, then there are no issues, we can always come to the city whenever there's a test and return back," He rambled on and on and Ruwaida stared at him unbelievably.

"No...I really like it," She placed down the spoon she held then folded her arms, a heartwarming smile etched on her lips. "I don't know what made you decide to get a house in such a peaceful place, all I can say is that you've done so much for me, I can never show  enough gratitude," 

Muhammad could swore that a load had been lifted up his head after listening to her. "I'm happy you like it. But, you were skeptical earlier. Is it because I mentioned your treatment?," Again, the sad look returned to her face.

"Uhm," She nodded, her hands sagging to her sides.

"Ruwaida?," Muhammad put out a hand and took hers. "Don't you trust me? I've made you a promise right? I said we'll try out the best medical care with the help of Allah, so why don't you trust me?,"

Her eyes had glossed with sizzling tears that when she looked up, he could see all her downheartedness through them. And she moved closer, taking him in a wrenching embrace. "I trust you, by Allah I trust you Ya Turaad...I trust you with my heart, soul and life, you complete me," And that day, that day marked the first time Turaad had tears in his eyes after many long years.

Who else almost cried?
Cause I was seriously close to tears
🥺🥺❤️

Love_
SilentWriter🦋