CHAPTER FORTY SIX

Days by leaps and bounds passed, Ruwaida occasionally visiting the Mayo Clinic, taking uncountable examinations along with the new grumpy Dr. And then it was another alternative new dieting table. Some foods amongst had nearly killed her if she could be exaggerative, while a considerable amount of which she genuinely enjoyed. All the while, trying to pull through while still being pregnant.

For Muhammad, it was a pleasant steady stream, though, he had to frequently travel back to his work of place, sometimes harder than he expected it to be.

One wouldn't understand his plight until he finally declare about him falling asleep twice in traffic and once walked back to his car while still dressed in the surgical intervention livery. If not for the gatekeeper who happened to be awake around 2 in the morning walked up to him and asked what was wrong with him, he would never have noticed.

The gatekeeper got him to pull himself together with his kind words. "Surely, The Lord does not lie heavy on a soul with more than it can bear" The old man smiled at him, patted his shoulder warmly and then left.  At that moment, Muhammad knew that with all hardship without doubts, ease proceeds.

The passing of stages has done much in changing their situation. Even supposing, Dr Samuel, had mentioned a lot of risks, they both decided it was worth trying, and with the help of Allah, she seemed to be getting quite better.

Days into pretty three months, Ruwaida had to stay in intensive care unit. One check up or the other had to take place and so, Muhammad agreed that it was also the best decision, but Ruwaida to a greater extent did not want such.

She'd thrown the silent treatment tantrum and skipped meals, despite that, it still happened and she had to accept it; after all, it was for her personal welfare.

And sincerely, she also needed the rest. Back home, she wouldn't let herself sit without finding something to do around the house. From little dusting to making one cuisine or the other. Meanwhile, with Dr Samuel Grumpy one minute by the door of her ward, she knew it was even more impossible to get down from the hospital bed, talkless of doing anything generally.

Albeit, that wasn't her problem at all. She'd been calling Muhammad since two days ago, but his phone was either switched off or unreachable. At first, she was very strong-willed to stay angry. On the contrary, after hours passed and he did not call back, she was only left with plain worry.

Remembering the words of Dr Zainab about stress, she inhaled deeply and kept the phone aside. She moved to stand by the large windows and she raised the curtains. The gray portiere covering the glass were long in the tooth, but the embroidery in them were delightfully notable and eccentric. 

Ruwaida ought to be grateful for such beautiful landscape. The view of her top-ward never seized to amaze her, the green leaves on the long trees as cold breeze moved them, how water fell on the marbled floors whenever it rained, her love for nature was just on another level.

"Long time no see," Zarah addressed to her friend. She walked in but Ruwaida did not appear mindful. On hearing a voice she knew too well, she turned hastily, her cheeks full of laughter and she rushed to Zarah in a brief hug.

"You came here four days ago madame," Ruwaida teased back hoping so silently that Muhammad came along with her.

"Don't mind me," Zarah laughed and sat heavily on the bed, keeping the basket she held on the small table then her bag beside it. "Come sit, I have a lot to tell you," Ruwaida moved and sat on the bed too, looking up with a forced smile with little interest due to her obstructed mind.