1.1

▪︎

▪︎

Lauren yawned as she walked out of the elevator onto the office floor. She lifted her cup to her nose and took in a deep breath, sighing happily at the deep, warm smell of coffee already waking her up. With drooping eyelids she walked past Tony's desk to her own and fell into her chair.

Blinking rapidly to stop her eyes from closing she sat up and pulled her keyboard closer. Just as she began to type, Tony rushed to his desk, snatching his coat from his chair.

"Time to go, Ren."

She opened her mouth to protest but was shot down when Tony stole her coffee cup and began walking away. "Hey!" She huffed and angrily grabbed her rucksack and jacket. "You better not drink that- Tone don't you dare!"

▪︎

Lauren scrunched her nose as she hiked her heavy bag up her shoulder, grumbling to herself when her curly hair got caught on the strap. Already missing her coffee that Tony had drank on the elevator ride she glared at the man before turning to stare lovingly at the takeaway coffee cup in Gibbs' hand.

"FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, even NYPD have private jets." Tony complained as they walked to the security checkpoint.

"At 36 cents a mile." Gibbs' drawled lifting Lauren's bag off her shoulder to carry on his, "You wanna drive?" He asked sarcastically, smirking at the glare Tony sent his way.

Lauren smiled up at the salt and pepper haired man in thanks and adjusted her NCIS cap before pulling off her rucksack to hang off of one shoulder.

"It's humiliating." Tony muttered, wobbling under the weight of all the bags he was carrying.

Lauren nudged him gently, shrugging her shoulders. "It's more fun this way, Tone." She mumbled a thanks to Gibbs when he offered her his coffee. The two shared an amused glance when Tony dropped all the bags onto the floor by the conveyor belt just in front of the check point.

Gibbs put his one bag and the one he took from Lauren onto the conveyor belt and turned to the security guard. "We're LEOs."

The security guard huffed out a chuckle and looked at the three, "Capricorn." He replied with a wiry smile.

"L.E.O. It's short for Law Enforcement Officer." Lauren told the man, lifting up her badge the same time Gibbs lifted his while Tony handed the man the paperwork for their weapons.

Gibbs narrowed his eyes at the guard, "You new at this..." He leaned closer to read the man's badge, "Dennis?"

"First week." Dennis nodded, straightening his back. "N.C.I.S... Never heard of it."

Gibbs leaned over Lauren's head as she sipped on his coffee. "That's embarrassing." He spoke in a hushed voice to Tony before moving back, taking his cup away from the blonde before she finished it.