1.4

▪︎

▪︎

Being careful of the soilder's body, Lauren leaned forward between the two front seats of the van and took the phone from Gibbs as he clicked Tony's contact. "Hi, Tone."

"Hi, Ren."

"You can get out the body bag-" She trailed off as Gibbs snatched his phone back. Lauren huffed and leaned to rest her head beside his so she could hear Tony's whisper.

"I never though I'd say this but...I'm not sure I want to." Tony admitted his voice quiet.

"What? You have to search Commander Trapp's apartment tonight."

"Oh Gibbs, come on, its 1:00am." Tony complained. Lauren snickered, adjusting her position to lean her shoulder on Gibbs'.

"Stop laughing, Lauren!"

"Agent Axlerod is training you to pick up the body bag when the FBI tosses it."

"That's funny, Gibbs, real funny, especially since-"

Something cut Tony off before he could finish his sentence. Lauren took the phone and listened to a some rustling and a couple of 'Ow!'s before the call got cut off. With a grin she put the phone back in Gibbs' pocket and sat back, "Well I guess they found him."

▪︎

Lauren looked up from her phone when Gibbs grasped her elbow and tugged her out of the way of Gerald as he left the Morgue with the Commander's uniform.

"I found Abby, she on her way." Gerald told them just before he left, he returned Lauren's smile with one of his own.

"Did you wake her up?" Lauren asked him, frowning down at her phone.

"No. Called her on her cell. Sounded like one phat party." Gerald chuckled.

Lauren let out a quiet 'Ohh' and slipped her phone back into her pocket. No wonder she didn't answer. With furrowed brows she nudged Gibbs to walk and turned to focus on Ducky who stood by the body.

"You find anything, Ducky?" Gibbs asked.

"Nope," Ducky sighed, "And I won't for hours." He lifted the deceased man's arm up and brought a magnifying glass up to the man's skin, "I've just begun examining the body for needle marks."

"Think somebody stuck him?"

"I don't know,"

"What about the uniform?" Lauren spoke up, her attention wondering to the X-rays on the wall.