2.1

▪︎

▪︎

"Don't you lock your door?" Tony asked, looking down from the top of the stairs at Gibbs in the basement.

"Nope,"

Lauren pushed past him and went down the steps with a bounce in her step and a coffee in her hand.

Tony rolled his eyes and rubbed his shoulder from the indelicate manners of the young woman, "It would keep out the crazy blondes," Tony glared playfully at Lauren, who smirked up at him.

Gibbs continued to sand his boat, but a small grin lit up his face, "I thought you liked crazy blondes?"

Tony scoffed and watched Gibbs' eyes trail every movement Lauren made until she was only a few inches away from him, offering the cup.

"I gotta say," Gibbs chuckled, "I like crazy blondes," He continued, taking the cup and having a sip.

Lauren sent him an unimpressed look and took the cup back once he had his fill.

"I got a call. Quantico. Marine got killed in an exercise." Tony announced.

Lauren hopped up onto the work table and took a sip of coffee while Tony walked down the stairs. "Killed by squats, huh? Never thought I'd see the day."

Gibbs shot her a dry look and paused in his sanding, "How?"

"Night training jump," Tony answered, "Guy's shoot didn't open."

Lauren winced, taking another sip. It was too early for this.

"Is this a boat?" Tony asked, circling the wooden frame. His eyes widened as Gibbs and Lauren sent his matching looks of distain.

Lauren blinked a few times at Tony's sheer 'Tonyness' before shaking her head to get her mind back in focus, "Did the reserve fail as well?"

"I don't know." Tony squinted at a glass of brown liquid before turning to Lauren with wide eyes, "I tried your cell," He leaned next to her and faced Gibbs," Tried your hard line, too." He sighed, gesturing to the phone on the desk only a few feet away from his boss.

Gibbs paused in his sanding and gently brushed the wood, "Don't ask,"

Tony rolled his eyes and walked over to Gibbs, "You know, my dad gave me a power sander for my birthday -"

Lauren scoffed, taking another sip of coffee while ignoring her friend's glare. Like he would ever use it.

"-I don't really power sand much..."