2.2

▪︎

▪︎

"You JAG or NCIS?" A man dressed in camo asked the four as they approached him in the air hanger.

Lauren snorted as they came to a stop, the bold acronym on her cap should've given him a clue.

"Do I look like a lawyer?" Gibbs drawled to the man.

The man put his hands on his hips and leaned in Gibbs' face, "Words all over base by now. My men can't even call their family and let them know they're not the one who died."

Lauren glanced over at the soldiers on the floor on the other side of the hanger. They sat with their focus clearly on their Captain.

"Was Sergeant Fuentes married?"

"He has a wife and son."

Gibbs nodded, "Notification detail should be there to talk to her by now. Word will get out who was killed."

The Captain scoffed, "Sergeant Fuentes was under my command. I'd like to see her."

"After we finish questioning you and your men," Gibbs told him firmly.

"How long is that going to take?"

"I don't know."

The Captain shook his head, gesturing to his men. "These men have another jump again at 2100."

Lauren frowned, adjusting her hat. "They're jumping again tonight?"

"We don't stop for casualties in war, miss."

Lauren raised a brow at the man, crossing her arms unamused.

"Neither do we in training." He finished.

"Not true, Captain." Gibbs tilted his head down to meet the man's glare, "They don't jump off a lower bunk until we find out what happened."

"I don't take orders from NCIS cops." The Captain grit out.

"Special Agents. And you'll follow this order."

"Or what, Special Agent?" He squared his shoulders as Gibbs took out his phone, "I don't take orders from your boss either."

"I'm not calling my boss. I'm calling yours...Commandant May?" He spoke into the phone as the Captain stared him down. "Special Agent Gibbs, NCIS..."

The Captain silently admitted defeat and took a step back, out of Gibbs' face before walking toward the plane.

"I don't have a commandant of the Marine Corps on my speed dial." Tony drawled as they walked through the hangar.

Gibbs smirked, "Captain didn't know that."

They passed the soldiers sat on the ground, Lauren gave the one on the end a small awkward smile before turning to Gibbs.

"All right, Kate, shoot and DiNozzo sketch."