1.2

▪︎

▪︎

"Are you starting the autopsy?" Kate asked Ducky incredulously, from her seat in nearby chair watching as he slowly inserted the thermometer into the body.

Lauren chuckled quietly to herself at the woman's shock, she flicked through the photos on the camera before taking an extra few when a couple didn't turn out quite right.

"Goodness, no." Ducky shook his head, "I'm just taking his liver temperature to corroborate the time of death."

Kate flipped open her PDA and checked her notes, reading them aloud to the man, "The President's physician declared him dead at 20: 32 Zulu."

Lauren stopped beside the woman, letting her camera rest by her lower abdomen as she pat Kate's shoulder, "It never hurts to double check." She sighed, smiling down at Ducky as the thermometer beeped. The blonde rolled her eyes as Tony stood on the other side of Kate with his notebook open and his familiar yet irritating expression of cocky seriousness plastered over his face.

"Excuse me," He smiled at Kate, nodded at the scene. "You'll need to stand clear so I can take measurements for my crime scene sketches, thanks."

Kate's brows furrowed while she moved out of the way for Tony, she gestured to Lauren beside her, "Sketches? You have a dozen photos."

Tony shared a quick amused glance with Lauren before picking up a magazine with a bikini-clad model on the front page. "Tell me her measurements."

Kate scoffed, crossing her arms. "You're pathetic."

Lauren huffed out a sigh and sat down on an arm of one of the leather chairs, "Sadly, he's completely serious."

Tony nodded to her in thanks before lifting the magazine up further, "Can you tell if she's...5'4 in a 35C or 5'7 in a 36D? You can't, not from a photo. That's why we do sketches, take measurements."

"I've got 19:50 Zulu, that's nearly an hour earlier." Ducky announced, leaning back on his heals.

Gibbs jogged down the stairs coming to a stop by the group. With his hands on his hips he nodded at Ducky, "What's the problem?"

"There's apparently a discrepancy between my time of death and the President's physician's." Ducky explained.

"Log yours," Gibbs ordered, "Enough sketches, Tony. Agent Todd's going to give you a floor plan."

Kate's head shot up in protest, "Oh, no, she won't."

Gibbs ignored her and turned to Lauren, gently tugging at the camera strap around her neck, "Follow me, Ren."