~ 8 ~

Were they a bad influence? Nyx overthinked again and again. Yu Yan had only been with them for not even a month but he'd already stolen something as a major as M40's main auction house's biggest treasure.

He watched the rowdy people cheer, toasting their alcoholic beverages and dramatically reenacting Yu Yan's escape; one of the crew forcing Kenji to sit and swing around on a wrecking ball they attached to the ceiling. Don't ask how they did it.

Sure enough, an apple never strayed far from the apple tree, however, this apple called Yu Yan was just... To top it off, wasn't the apple actually an orange?

"I told you Yu Yan has our Captain's blood! His first steal's from a big auction house!"

"Ah, commemorate! We have to commemorate!"

A crew member took a picture of the cryofreezer and added it to their album with the caption of 'Baby's First Steal'. They then directed their terminals at Yu Yan.

"Yu Yan look here! Look here!"

"Ah?" Yu Yan dragged the word out. "Don't want~" He took his drink and elegantly gulped it down as he showed his back.

Trites: Baby's first shot?! Quickly, take a picture!!

"Oi", Nyx came over and grabbed the empty wine glass from his hands. He smelled it and frowned at Yu Yan. "Should you be drinking wine?"

"Dad, you're overprotective", Yu Yan dissatisfiedly pouted. He already had stronger wine before so this is nothing, and yet, he can't really tell him that, can he?

Nyx took a deep breath in and then out.

"More than that, come with me. We need to talk."

Yu Yan tailed after Nyx, skipping over with his hands behind his back. The crew members seeing this 'fearsome' display even though they knew Yu Yan would be scolded by the 'overprotective' Captain, the crew members bit the edges of their handkerchiefs and wailed softly.

""Such courage! You don't want us to worry about you, don't you?"" The crew collectively thought. Thus, they willfully celebrated even harder, noisier.

Kenji: They know I'm the one cleaning up after them, right? Why the heck are they messing the place much more enthusiastically? What shitty love is this?

Kenji dejectedly swayed around on the wrecking ball, the crew members pushing the heavy thing as if it was a beach volleyball.

Inside Nyx's cabin—

"So? How do you plan to make up for what you did?" Nyx sat down on the same chair, interrogating Yu Yan, who properly kneeled on the bed, back straight. He had a feeling it's going to be a serious discussion.

"Make up?"

Nyx drew another breath to steady his emotions.

"We're pirates, right? We steal things and sell them, right?"

Yu Yan vehemently nodded.

"Where do you think we sell them?" Faced with silence, Nyx continued, "You just stole from the main auction house at M40. A little bit of investigating, and they'll know who took their goods. More than a ban, we'll most likely be on the wanted list." Nyx inhaled and puffed out smoke from his cigarette.

Yu Yan: Ah, did I screw up...I screwed up, didn't I...

"I'm sorry", Yu Yan docilely apologized, activating cute points.

Nyx stuffed out his cigar, and sighed. He looked at Yu Yan for a while, and stopped making things hard for him. Maybe it's because of the atmosphere in the Triton these days, but he'd been infected by this spoiling attitude.