~ 24 ~

A/N: Raw chapter alert! You've been warned!
_+_+_

A tall tree stood in front of Yu Yan and Gazef, it's dense crown of leaves so lush that they could barely see a shiny metallic box hidden upon its canopy. The trunk was thick and straight and the lowest branch was well above two persons' height.

How to climb, Yu Yan pondered.

Just as he planned to ask Gazef to hoist himself up like the modern cheerleader, the man had already approached the tree. He pulled his hand and punch-slammed the tree trunk, shaking the tree so badly that the supply kit fell down. Before it could hit the ground, Gazef caught it easily with minimal movement.

You can still play like this?

Like a silent offering, Gazef obediently handed the kit over, almost seemingly asking for praise. But that couldn't be true. Right?

Yu Yan couldn't help but look at him then at the kit then at the knuckles of this formidable little lion. If Gazef tossed his self in the air, would he end up getting tossed to infinity and beyond?

Shaking away the crazy thoughts, he took it without looking at the contents and left to scout for another nearby post. Through the whole way, he could feel the man's eyes looking at him every so often.

This teammate of his has been staring at himself for the past half hour. At first, he thought it was cautiousness or anxiousness, but Yu Yan always felt that his gaze carried a little bit of subtlety.

Suddenly, Yu Yan had the urge to look back. So he did. He turned around, directly looking at Gazef at neck-breaking speed.

Gazef, who was not to be outdone, immediately looked elsewhere with a serious expression as if he had been alertly scanning their surroundings since the beginning.

Yu Yan looked back in front of him and resumed walking, only to feel that hot gaze on the back of his head a few moments later. He quickly turned his head, only to see Gazef growing an indescribable interest on his own shoes.

Yu Yan wouldn't have doubted him if he had only done this a couple of times. Instead, they have being doing this for the past quarter hour and yet he has not caught the man red-handed. Not with real proof at least.

Having someone look at something so intensely made Yu Yan untintentional gaze at the same direction too. It's just that...

Yu Yan: .....Are the insects so interesting?

Regardless of what Yu Yan thought, the latter patted some dirt off with a small frown as if he wasn't going to sink his shoes back on same dirt and mud he just cleaned off. Or was he getting terrorized by ants now?

Yu Yan was speechless. He subconsciously held the temple of his head. Strange. It almost felt as if he could feel his IQ dying down.

Meanwhile, Gazef: I must look cool and handsome in front of wife~

"That looks like a good position to hide a post", Gazef suddenly mentioned.

They had been navigating through the dense leaves and vines until they passed through to a mountainside.

"Is that a cave", Yu Yan traced Gazef's line of sight to a small horizontal crack on the side of the mountain wall. It was wide but the height was almost only half a human high. It could have been mistaken for a shallow sink-hole or a kind of depression that was commonly found near mountains due to soil eroded by rainwater down from higher altitudes.

Gazef walked over with Yu Yan trailing behind him.

"Wouldn't a post be too small to be placed in a low cave?" Yu Yan doubted upon reaching the mouth of the cave. It was too low and although he has yet to see a survival post, it must at least be as one and a half person taller to create a dome big enough to shield a team of three to four people, with the post itself serving as the heart and center of the shield. It seemed impossible to hide one inside.