~ 14 ~

A/N: Surprise! Double update! :)) Since I'll be busy by the new years and until first couple months, I'll upload the chapter supposedly to be published on New Year. Happy holidays, everyone! Enjoy~! :))

_+_+_

"You can guess the rest", Nyx said as he parked somewhere near the academy's gate.

"What a mess", Yu Yan laughed.

"Oh, almost forgot."

Yu Yan's terminal beeped.

"Save Feng's direct contact line. You can take part time transcoding jobs from him. He'll give you indirect clients when you're free."

Nyx thought a little and added, "In no way are you going to be polite to that man—he gets twenty percent profit as middleman, that bastard, tch!. The least he could do in exchange for turning you into a money bag is to guarantee your safety and confidentiality."

Nyx slightly frowned and adamantly added, "Whether you need to run a background check on someone or run around outside the academy to shop, don't be polite and give him a call. He'll give you what you need, even if it's just a lift to the convenience store."

"Thanks, Dad." Yu Yan smiled at the obvious care his adoptive father is showing... through his words; Captain had a 'pissed' resting face that stirred people away from seeing his soft persimmon core. Yu Yan didn't mind. In fact, he preferred it.

Noticing his look, Nyx burrowed his eyebrows and cleared his throat, discomfortedly gesturing for Yu Yan to go away.

Smiling, Yu Yan climbed out of the shuttle and walked back inside the gates of Margaux Academy.

The second part of the examination was a practical exam. Yu Yan scanned the new instructions mailed to his terminal. The location was the same building where the first exam was conducted. When Yu Yan arrived, the exam halls were now opened.

He walked inside and saw that most of the student applicants were already sitting on their respective seating arrangements. Not all students were as easy-going as Yu Yan, who, in their opinion, had the guts and carefree attitude to come a couple minutes before the examination time. Half of them even came here earlier as soon as they received notification, cutting their lunch period extremely short in nervousness.

Thus, Yu Yan was bound to gain a lot of attention. But who was Yu Yan?

A person who could ignore surprise attacks and distractions from rowdy pirates all around the Triton was destined to have heaven-defying concentration. How else could Yu Yan's focus on his learning material survive when every week there was an impromptu party, every other day there was an explosion, and every other hour there were yelling pirates like children experiencing sugar rush?

So nevertheless, Yu Yan sat down on his seat on the third row with serenity that no other student felt possible.

The table to his right was still empty, proving that Yu Yan wasn't the only daring person among the applicants.

The exam hall was wide and spacious. Each student had a seat and a table to themselves. Surveying around the hall, Yu Yan saw a familiar blond diagonally to his left, on the second row.

Goldilocks seemed cold and unconcerned of the many eyes on him. He felt slightly bad for his seatmates who almost froze themselves stiff from emanating frost. He freed himself from distraction when someone suddenly took a seat to his right.

A hooligan's twin had been spotted!

This time, Yu Yan was calmer. This wasn't their first time meeting after all, however, it was quite the coincidence to have him sit right next to him. Thus, he took his time to carefully eye the other, who was seemed to take a page from Goldilocks and act like a fellow ice cellar statue.