~ 17 ~

''Top Trending #41: Early Birds Vs Night Owls: Dull Fowl starnet isn't new to Prowlers anymore"

Yu Yan hurriedly clicked on the post, but ended up not understanding most of the comments that had a lot of "Prowler slang". He opened another site to search for the words and found a site dedicated just to slangs and jargons.

Night Owls, or Night Prowlers, consisted of the black society residents; rich second or third generations that had money but couldn't play because of the strict starnet regulations of Blue Star Empire, and underground business people that sought the Great Firewall's protection to do undetectable transactions and communications.

Since they were underground people, they called those 'upright' citizens that can tolerate living in the day as Early Birds or Fowlers, after many slang debates later about the Fowlers' timid way of living compared to theirs. These people disdained the way they could do nothing but bow their heads and follow suffocating rules all their lives.

Although Fowler starnet did have games, entertainment and interesting sites, those that had too much influence were monitored strictly by the government who advocated for "proper, civil and educated starnet usage". Even some anchors, vloggers, and starnet celebrities that grew more popular than the royal family or unthinkingly gave a side comment about royalty inexplicably vanished from the entertainment scene one after the other.

The netizens and fans noticed but never dared to ask or look for them, especially when they knew the government could be breathing down their necks.

Yu Yan went back to the forum post and read the comments with renewed interest.

"How do they live like that? I don't think I can live with a King Rooster breathing down my neck."

Yu Yan didn't need to guess that 'King Rooster' meant the current emperor, but wasn't the starnet all encompassing? There were actually two kinds? A little confused, he asked his system.

『 To answer Master's query, the current starnet is considered Fowler's net according to the Prowler side. The terminal that Master's adoptive father gave is a high-end technology that automatically connects to the Fengs' Great Firewall upon accessing sites and forums just like the ones Master had just been surfing through. 』

(A/N: Imagine having unlimited access to the Dark Web and its resource. That's basically Yu Yan.)

To think that his Dad gave him such an expensive gift while acting indifferent towards himself made Yu Yan feel funny.

He then continued scrolling through the post's comments for more interesting gossip. There were quite a few that caught his attention...

"Genuine fun isn't even included in the government's vocabulary. It's all a scam. The content of those entertainment sites had been recycled so much I'm going to barf if I have to watch any of it one more time."

"Upstairs, if I were you I'd be careful of what I say. The Fowler's starnet may be boring as heck but they're regulated strictly by the B/rain."

"Doesn't Prowler net have a Great Fire Wall meant to block out the B/rain?"

"I heard it currently being upgraded and besides, it might not necessarily be as powerful as the B/rain yet. Exercising caution isn't a bad thing."

"Rumor goes that new Feng Head invested a lot to get a domain that's allowed on the Fowler's side but it's just a low-key forum with a lot of features as of now."

"Speaking of rumors, I also heard about that. Wasn't that rumor about him wanting to start a business about online livestreaming system?"

"Wasn't that said to be part of the future features of the forum site? Anyway, it's all rumors yet. It'll be clear after launching."