14 Kylie Mature

"I won't release them, and you're not going anywhere."

He was angry. His words were final; he was not going to compromise. So I had no choice but to lie and manipulate to the best of my ability.

"I know. I'm staying."

He scowled down at me. I was trapped against a wall, in his office, in his pack. What more could he ask? I knew one thing.

"I think I'm pregnant."

"Already? You haven't even gone through heat yet." He sounded surprised, but not suspicious. He knew as well as I that I had been a virgin when he met me.

I shrugged. "You know it's not impossible the rest of the time, just unlikely. And it's not like we haven't—"

My words were cut off by his kiss, and I accepted him with all the willingness I could summon. He needed to believe my threats of leaving were completely empty.

"Get on the desk."

I didn't argue, but walked over and leaned against it. He pulled off my underwear in a smooth motion while pushing up my skirt, and lifted my legs up, finding my core. I writhed against his hand, letting my body and my wolf seek what they wanted from him.

I climaxed, and he replaced his hand with his hardness, and filled me in a smooth thrust. I met him with my own, and he pumped into me.

His golden eyes watched me as he found a rhythm, and for once I felt something beyond the physical. His wolf side's desire to protect and keep me flooded through me. It was not quite the love and devotion of fairy tales, but it was at least something beyond the usual emotional void.

When he was finished with me, he kissed me again, which caught me by surprise, but perhaps it should not have because his wolf side was much more dominant than usual. I was almost sad to see it go because for once I could imagine what having a mate was supposed to feel like.

It may have been worse to see it, because I would never really have that. What we did was just sex, a physical act with no more meaning than pleasure and reproduction.

My heart was heavy as I fixed myself up and quickly left.

—————

The plan had begun to solidify in my mind, but I was well aware it was not a good plan. I saw the pack doctor and had my suspicions confirmed about my pregnancy. During my visit, I stole medication when she was out of the room, and hoped it would not be missed. I also started to get to know the guards under the guise of learning about the pack. I discovered where my mate kept his key for the prisons.

With only three days left before Alpha Gavriel planned to kill the nine, I threw caution to the wind and went for it.

The first step was to see if my mate was in his office. Luck was with me and he was not, so I quickly unlocked his desk drawer and slipped the prison master key off its keychain and into my pocket, before replacing everything.

Just as I was about to leave, my luck ran out.

"Mate? What are you doing here?" he asked, thankfully with more curiosity than suspicion.

"I came to find you," I told him, with a little smile.

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"What did you want?"

I knew the best way to distract him, so I pulled my shirt up over my head. "I'm feeling..."

Getting the message, he locked the door before coming over to me and bending me over on the desk. His hands found my zipper and he pushed down my pants. The cool air of the office hit my skin and excited me, and then I felt his finger enter deep inside. I moaned, not holding back while he worked me into fervor, and then he replaced his hands with the thick length of him, and I arched up to meet him.