26 Kylie

I couldn't look away from his eyes. They were warm, and filled with so much appreciation I could barely resist him. Or maybe I did not even want to try to resist him.

There was no way for me to properly understand what it was between us. It did not make sense that he was my mate because I already had a mate, but he was something, and that something was important. My wolf believed that he was for me, and wasn't that good enough?

Our lips came together, and his tongue swept into my mouth, properly continuing what we had started the night before. My wolf was thrilled, this was our mate, and he was possessing my mouth, heat pooling in me.

If he had not stopped I probably would have let him take me in the middle of the field. His brown eyes searched mine as he tilted his head back, and I smiled reassuringly. He was thoughtful, and handsome, and mine.

"I think you are my second chance," I told him.

His smile grew. "Really?"

"My wolf is convinced you're the one for me. And who am I to argue with her?" I took his hand, and we began to walk back towards his cabin.

"Are you ready to move in with me?" he asked. "I know it's soon, but..."

It wasn't really that fast by werewolf standards. If anything, we were going slowly. Most people didn't see the point in taking their time when fate was at the wheel, although we were far more complicated. "It's fine. I think I will, if that's what you want." My reasons for not moving in with him in the first place seemed much shakier as I got to know him.

"Is there any question of that?"

"I guess not," I said, and giggled a bit. He'd been clearly pleased that I'd been sleeping there the last few nights anyway.

"I'll help you move your stuff over here. You can have your own room, for as long as you want it."

I just smiled. I'd take the room, but I doubted I'd be sleeping in it. Really, at this point it was just a question of how long we could hold out with our impatient wolves hounding us.

When I thought about it, we should probably make sure our first time was before I went into heat. Normally they only came a few times a year, and only after a female wolf met her mate, so who knew what my biology was doing considering the tangled mess of my mate-bonds?

He pushed open the door to his cabin and I went inside. I stole the shower adjoining his room. I almost wanted to invite him to come with me, but I was pretty sure what that would lead to. Just because my wolf was panting after him didn't mean I needed to deliberately rush things.

Once I was done, I left the room and made my way out to the living room to wait, since I could hear the shower in the main bathroom running. His hair was still wet when he emerged, sadly wearing clothing he must have grabbed before getting in. If I were honest I was a bit disappointed not to have seen him come out wrapped in only a towel.

"You hungry?" he asked.

I was, so I helped him make breakfast in the kitchen. While we ate, we talked about general things, and I sneakily checked him out. He tended to wear t-shirts around his house, but he filled them out very nicely.

He caught me leering and heat flooded my cheeks.

He laughed at me. "Like what you see, Kylie?"

"Yes." What was the point in denying it?

"Mmm. I do, too, you know. You're exactly my type."

"Well, that's good, since we're whatever we are."