2. True Friend.

4 years later....

The value of emotional support was often underrated.

People loved to share their opinions about others' lives, whether they wanted to hear them or not. And sadly, when it came to supporting their decisions, they often criticized them and offered more opinions on what they were doing wrong.

"I can't believe this," Mandy scoffed, shaking her head disapprovingly. Her short blonde hair bounced with the movement, and her cat-like eyes narrowed at Cassie. "We spent our whole weekend getting you ready for your big day, and now you're saying you didn't do it?"

Cassie kept her gaze on her coffee mug, her black hair shielding her face and keeping her emotions hidden. "If everything was going well, then why did you run away?" Kat added to the conversation.

"I got scared," Cassie softly admitted.

"Scared?" Mandy scoffed again. "You're twenty-two. Are you really going to die like a nun?"

Her words were surprisingly polite for Mandy, and I was taken aback. I had expected her to use much stronger language.

We are not living in 80s. You need to suck a dick. Those were the exact words I was expecting from her mouth.

Cassie pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, and her face became visible to me. "I don't know. When he took me into his room, I felt suffocated. And when he started undressing me, I got nervous and ran away," she said, her eyes slightly glossy with emotion.

The cafe was bustling with noise in the background, and I glanced around. It was fully packed with people engrossed in their own conversations.

"It's okay, Cassie. You weren't ready," I reassured her, taking a sip of my coffee.

We live in a society that often pressures people to have sex to seem cool.

"Sam was really excited about taking our relationship to the next level. I must have hurt him," Cassie fretted.

I reached out and held her hand over the table. "Cass, did he say something to you last night?" I inquired gently.

She shook her head. "No, he understood my situation and even dropped me off at home. That's why I'm feeling this bad."

"Cass, sex is not the only thing that matters in a relationship. You should do it because you feel comfortable and loved, not because you feel obliged," I said softly.

"You should not give any opinion in this matter!" Mandy snapped at me, and I furrowed my brows at her statement. "Why are you being such a baby? It's just sex. Bang your bae and get over with it," she advised Cassie in her usual blunt manner.

"Really, Mandy?" I asked her in disbelief.

She pointed her finger at me. "You guys should not listen to her. She is a prude."

Great! Now, it became about me.

"What's so wrong with being a virgin?" Cassie asked, directing her question to both of us, but Mandy in particular.

"What's wrong?" Mandy took a dramatic pause. "Everything!! Your life will become miserable without pleasure. You are missing the real taste of life." I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous answer. She noticed my reaction and focused her attention on me.

"If you don't get laid," she gestured at me, "you will become like her—she also ran away, half-naked, from her boyfriend's room," she taunted, referring to a past embarrassing incident.

Memories of that moment flooded back, and I clenched my fists in frustration.

"And your poor boyfriend will end up like Jay," Mandy continued, attempting to provoke me further.