57. the house of black.

Crack.

"OUCH!"

"Keep your voice down, Ron, or Mum'll be back up here."

"You two just Apparated on my knees!"

"Yeah, well, it's harder in the dark."

Harry saw the blurred outlines of Fred and George leaping down from Ron's bed. There was a groan of bedsprings and Harry's mattress descended a few inches as George sat down near his feet.

"So, got there yet?" said George eagerly.

"'The weapon Sirius mentioned?" said Harry.

"Let slip, more like," said Fred with relish, now sitting next to Ron. "We didn't hear about that on the old Extendables, did we?"

"What d'you reckon it is?" said Harry.

"Could be anything," said Fred.

"But there can't be anything worse than the Avada Kedavra Curse, can there?" said Ron "What's worse than death?"

"Maybe it's something that can kill loads of people at once," suggested George.

"Maybe it's some particularly painful way of killing people," said Ron fearfully.

"He's got the Cruciatus Curse for causing pain,' said Harry, 'he doesn't need anything more efficient than that."

There was a pause and Harry knew that the others, like him, were wondering what horrors this weapon could perpetrate.

"So who d'you think's got it now?" asked George.

"I hope it's our side," said Ron, sounding slightly nervous.

"If it is, Dumbledore's probably keeping it," said Fred.

"Where?" said Ron quickly. "Hogwarts?'

"Bet it is!" said George. "That's where he hid the Philosopher's Stone."

"A weapon's going to be a lot bigger than the Stone, though!" said Ron.

"Not necessarily," said Fred.

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."

"What d'you mean?" said Harry.

"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?"

Just then, the door creaked open. Fred, George, Harry, and Ron all turned around, fearing it to be Mrs. Weasley. Instead, Antheia, Hermione, and Ginny crept into the room.

"We heard you talking from our rooms," Ginny said. "It's a miracle Mum hasn't come up here yet."

"Have Hermione and Antheia told you everything, yet?" Fred asked Ginny, already knowing the answer.

"The important parts," she replied simply.

"What's that you've got there, Theia?" asked George, looking at the small box Antheia was holding with her hands. Antheia looked at the box and put it on Harry's bed for everyone to see.

"They're badges," she announced. "Remember when Hermione started spew last year -"

"It's S.P.E.W!" Hermione interrupted.

"Right," said Antheia. "Well, I've seen how some wizards treat other types of wizards. Werewolves, specifically. Kreacher, too, with all the muttering he thinks we can't hear. It's unfair - it's not like Dad could control turning into a werewolf every month!"

"So ... what's this about?" said Ron, picking up one of the badges. "S.P.W.D?"

"It's the Society for the Prevention of Werewolf Discrimination," corrected Antheia. "Look, I know it might sound stupid. But I can't see another person exclude werewolves from events for no real reason. If there's something I can do to help a little bit, at least, I'll do it. So, these are for all of you."