109. farewell dean thomas.

Harry and Ron left the hospital wing first thing on Monday morning, restored to full health by the ministrations of Madam Pomfrey and now able to enjoy the benefits of having been knocked out and poisoned, the best of which was that Hermione was friends with Ron again. Hermione even escorted them down to breakfast, along with Antheia, bringing with them the news that Antheia had argued with Dean. The drowsing creature in Harry's chest suddenly raised its head, sniffing the air hopefully.

"What did you row about?" he asked, trying to sound casual as they turned into a seventh-floor corridor which was deserted but for a very small girl who had been examining a tapestry of trolls in tutus. She looked terrified at the sight of the approaching sixth-years and dropped the heavy brass scales she was carrying.

"It's all right!" said Hermione kindly, hurrying forwards to help her. "Here ..."

She tapped the broken scales with her wand and said, "Reparo."

The girl did not say thank you, but remained rooted to the spot as they passed and watched them out of sight; Ron glanced back at her.

"I swear they're getting smaller," he said.

"Never mind her," said Harry, a little impatiently. "What did you and Dean row about, Antheia?"

"Something stupid," said Antheia, rolling her eyes. "Dean was laughing about McLaggen hitting that Bludger at you."

"It must've looked funny," said Ron reasonably.

"It doesn't matter," snapped Antheia. "Harry could've gotten seriously hurt, and he sort of did!"

"Anyway, what happened after that?" asked Harry quickly.

"Why are you so interested?" asked Hermione.

"I just don't want my Quidditch team messed up again!" he said hastily, but Hermione continued to look suspicious.

"Well, I got mad at him, of course," continued Antheia, "and he got upset because I didn't meet him as I agreed to, but I was in the Hospital Wing visiting Harry!"

"And me!" said Ron.

"Then he started whining and I kept telling him that I couldn't just leave Harry in the Hospital Wing!" said Antheia. "So, I broke up with him."

Harry stopped walking.

"You did what?" he croaked.

"I broke up with Dean," repeated Antheia.

It took all of Harry's energy not to scream in joy at that moment. He grinned, then stopped at once as Hermione shot him a glare.

"Good, I never liked Dean," said Ron, smiling proudly.

"That's brilliant," said Harry gleefully. "Oh, er - I mean, are you OK?"

"Yeah, I think it was necessary," said Antheia, shrugging. Harry tried to look as sympathetic as possible, but it was near impossible to stop the smile on his face.

"I'm sorry you had a row because you were stuck in the Hospital Wing with me," he said apologetically.

"And me!" exclaimed Ron once again.

"I don't regret anything," said Antheia. Harry's heart leapt. Hermione nudged him rather aggressively, and he yelped. He was most relieved when a voice behind them called, "Harry!", giving him an excuse to turn his back on her.

"Oh, hi, Luna."

"I went to the hospital wing to find you," said Luna, rummaging in her bag. "But they said you'd left ..."