Mystery Kiss

A/N based off the episode Mystery Spot, and because of a certain comment (seen in the picture I added). Thanks to  give_the_man_a_pie and  @EmmaWaller for reminding me of this. Hope you enjoy!

It was just an usual thursday, and Sam, Dean and Cas were in the Bunker, doing their business. Sam was searching for a case on his laptop, Cas was reading a book and Dean was making breakfast for them.

They had just woken up and none of them had the urge to speak so the only sounds were the spluttering from the eggs Dean was baking, Sam typing something and Cas turning the page.

When the eggs were done, Dean brought the plates to the table, putting them in front of Sam and Cas. When he went back to the kitchen to get his own plate, he heard Cas ask: "Dean, can I get another cup of coffee?"

"Sure," Dean replied, and poured Cas some.
When they were done eating, Sam took a shower, which left Dean and Cas alone.

Dean fumbled his hands together as Cas didn't say or do anything. He just kept staring and it made Dean very nervous. "What's it, Cas?" He asked.

Cas said nothing.

Suddenly, Dean was done fighting the feeling he'd been hiding for a while. He would apologize and explain it later to Cas.  He took a step closer to Cas and pressed their mouths together, feeling Cas' lips move against his own and...

Dean woke up. Damn, had it all been a dream? He shrugged it off and got up. As he walked into the kitchen, he realized Sam was sitting behind the laptop and Cas was reading a book, just like his dream.

But this wasn't his dream, no matter how badly he wanted it to be.

He started making breakfast, and when he was done, he brought the plates to the table and walked back to get his own.

"Dean, can I get another cup of coffee?"

Dean froze. Was his dream really happening now?

"Sure," he replied.

Dean waited silently till they were done eating. When Sam went to took a shower, Dean realized he should kiss Cas. But he wasn't gonna do it. This was reality.

He shot one look at Cas and jerked his head towards the kitchen, I'll be there if you need me, it meant. Cas nodded and picked up his book again.

He washed the plates and when Sam was done showering, they went outside to go grocery shopping. Soon, they were standing in line to pay and Dean felt something against his side. It was Cas, shuffling closer because someone needed to pass.

But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that Cas didn't only stand so close, but also looked him right in the eyes. Had Cas seen his dream?

There was only one way to figure it out, Dean thought and not caring about Sam, standing next to them, not caring about the man next to Sam in line, who was currently making gross sounds while eating candy. He didn't care about any of the people in the store, but closed his eyes and kissed Cas.