Road To Acceptance

A/N This was supposed to be a short fic based on tweets added above, but oh well, enjoy some fluff

"Really?" Dean said. He was angry. "did she really have to do that?"

Dean looked down again, just to be sure, but he was still there. A fuzzy black cat with piercing blue eyes. But not just a cat. Cas.

"Meow," Cas said from his place in Dean's arms.

While Sam killed the witch, Dean just sighed and walked outside. What the hell were they going to do now? Cas had been turned into a cat for God's sake! He sighed again and went to wait in the car for Sam.

When Sam arrived, he nodded to Dean's unsaid question and they drove off. They had almost forgotten about Cas till he suddenly meowed loudly, almost causing them to crash. "What the hell?" Dean half-yelled, clearly angry about Cas' outburst.

"Maybe he's scared?" Sam suggested.

Dean frowned. "He's been in this car for so long, never had a problem."

"But now, he's a cat. A tiny creature in a huge car, on a huge road. You know, cats-" he got interrupted by Dean.

"Just make him stop, I'm getting a headache," he mumbled, so Sam tried picking up Cas. As soon as Cas was in his arms, he started purring and nestled his head against Sam's chest. Dean raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. He was all too happy Cas had stopped meowing.

During the drive back, they didn't say much so Dean had put on some music, not minding Sam, who was busy petting Cas. It was weird, seeing him do that, knowing it was Cas, knowing he'd remember this all when he- "Sam!"

This time, Sam was the one who almost hit his head on the ceiling, looking terrorized. "Jesus, Dean, calm down!"

But Dean didn't have time to calm down. "Sam, how are we gonna turn him back, if he even ever turns back?"

Now it seemed to hit Sam. The cat in his arms used to be an angel. And now that he was a cat, they assumed he didn't have any powers to turn himself back. "The witch refused to tell me anything," Sam said. "Let's just... get him some supplies for now. Maybe tomorrow it's over."

***

They went to the pet shop and bought some cat food while the owner held Cas in his arms. Cas didn't look too happy about it, squirming to get away. Too bad for him, Dean thought and smirked at him while looking for a bowl. Cas just meowed and squinted his eyes like he used to do.

They bought some stupid (Dean's words) cat litter box, 'you can't just let him poop outside, Dean', one bowl for water and one bowl for food. The owner of the shop told them to get a nice blanket and some toys and more crap Dean refused to buy.

When he started talking about not letting the cat outside for the first few weeks and Dean started muttering about how Cas would always come back anyways, Sam took the supplies and Cas in his hands and kicked Dean's leg while thanking the guy. "We've done some research, thank you for your advice, but we need to go now," he said. Luckily, the guy let them, and the whole ride back, Dean was complaining about him. Sam just ignored Dean and rested his head against the window.

***

Back at the bunker, Sam set up the litter box and filled the bowls while Cas walked through the bunker, and Dean stubbornly got himself a beer and ignored Cas. "You can't ignore him, you know. It's still Cas," Sam told him. Dean just shrugged and downed half his beer in one gulp.