49

**** VERY VERY VERY !!!!!TRIGGERING FOR EATING DISORDERS ****

Khloe

Someone knocked on my door as I sat in bed, flicking through the tv channels. I mumbled a come in and was surprised to see Dean came in.

"What do you want?" I muttered, but my words came out in more of a sigh.

Dean sighed and came and sat on the edge of my bed, looking at me. I couldn't quite grasp what he was thinking. "Can we talk?"

I rolled my eyes and continued flipping through the channels. "If you're just gonna talk at me again, save your breath." I advised.

Dean shook his head, placing his hand on mine to stop me from flipping through the channels. "No, I want you to talk this time. This time I'll listen."

"Dean, I'm tired." I whined. "I'm tired of talking."

Deans eyes revealed an element of sadness. "I know."

"So can we try this again another time?" I said.

Dean looked unconvinced. "I don't like talking much." He shrugged and it was true. Dean really didn't do the whole opening up and talk about your feelings sort of thing. "I feel like me and you have that in common right now."

"Probably." I admitted, I felt exposed when I opened up or that I wouldn't be able to take it and I'd break down. I could only wonder if Dean felt the same way. "You are my brother. We've got to have some things in common."

Dean nodded. "That's why we need to talk Khlo." He said. "I'm sorry about how I was the other day. I kind of freaked out when you weren't talking to me. I'm not used to that."

I scoffed. "Not used to someone doing what you say?"

Dean shrugged. "People listen to me — even you."

I laughed. "That's because people are scared of you."
Dean looked surprised that I said this. "I've heard what you're like at school Dean. I know how many fights you get into. I saw you the other day aswell."

"You shouldn't listen to what other people say. They don't know what they're talking about." Dean dismissed. "And the other day was just some ass whole looking for a fight."

I raised my eyebrow. "You mean you were the ass whole looking for a fight." I stated. "I'm pretty sure I heard what happened the other day was just because someone bumped into you in the hallway and it just got out of hand. Am I right?"

Dean didn't reply and looked away at me. "This isn't about me." He said, shaking his head.

"Oh yeah? You think what you're doing is good?" I asked.

"Do you think what you're doing is good?" Dean asked me.

I didn't answer at first, but then I mulled it over. "It's better than what your doing. I'm not hurting other people." I stated.

Dean looked at me, angered. "You're hurting yourself Khloe."

I rolled my eyes. "So? Im not physically or psychologically harming anyone, unlike you." I said.

I tried to ignore my mind, which told me that the two issues were not comparable and I know they're not. I just don't want this conversation to be about me.'

Dean looked even more angered. "You're kidding yourself. Stop defecting. What you're doing is so much worse." Dean paused and took in a deep breathe before meeting my gaze. "You're killing yourself, Khloe. Do you really think that's not hurting me or the others? Not to mention Dad or Charlie."