50

Music blared out loudly the night of the party. I stood in the doorway of my living room watching the so-called party of the year unfold before me. Lights were flashing, people were dancing, chatting and flirting. 

I stood in the corner, looking at the scene with jealousy and envy. Once I would have wanted to be the centre of it, dancing, flirting, and drinking especially. Yet, tonight the whole thing felt exhausting. I kept looking to the stairs to go and lock myself away in my bedroom. It wouldn't be the first time I'd done that either at one of my brothers parties.

"Hey." Tommy said, giving me a smile as he came over, wrapping his arm around my shoulders after handing me a drink. "Here, have this." He said.

I frowned at him. "You're actually encouraging me to drink?" 

Tommy rolled his eyes. "Come on, they said you can have some, didn't they? I just say you can have a little more, but If anyone asks, i never said that. Just don't do anything stupid." 

"isn't that what our brothers would say you're doing right now?" I asked.

Tommy shrugged. "They don't know everything. Believe it or not, i actually think you should have a good time tonight." 

I narrowed my eyes. "Really?" 

"Come on Khloe, lighten up. It's a party. You're being all gloomy in this corner by yourself. Where are your friends?" 

I shrugged. "I didn't invite them." 

Tommy raised his eyebrows. "You didn't invite your friends to a party we're throwing?" 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not throwing this party. You and the others are."

Tommy sighed and leaned in closer to my ear as if he was scared someone would overhear him. I could smell the alchohol on his breath. "Are you sure you're okay, Khlo? If you need to get out of here, we can leave." 

I laughed. "Like you said if we're throwing this party, i can't exactly leave, can I?" 

"I can say the cops are on their way and get everyone else to leave?" Tommy suggested.

"That's a dick move." I said.

"Or a clever move. Seriously, tell me what you want and I'll do it." 

I shook my head. "It's fine, Tommy. Leave it. I'm all good. Go and have fun."

"But i can't. Turns out me and our brothers are your only friends here tonight. One of us should try and make sure you're having a good time." Tommy said. "Wanna dance?" 

i rolled my eyes. "You and our Brothers being my friends, that's a new one."

"Get used to it. You'll soon find out we're fun to be around." Tommy smirked. "Especially me." 

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the slight smile creeping it's way onto my lips. I took a sip of the drink he gave me. "What's in this?" 

Tommy smirked. "Another good thing about having me around is the drinks i put together are insane." 

"It's like a cocktail, but different." I said. 

"There's a bit of vanilla syrup in it. That's the trick."  He said like he was letting me in on a secret. "It's the Lakewood's speciality. That's what's in those buckets Dean and Chase put out at the start of the night. No one here knows what's in it. Family secret. Don't tell anyone." 

"Right." I said, shaking my head. "How's this the first time I've actually been downstairs at one of your parites?" 

Tommy shrugged, but we both knew the answer to that question. They didn't want me here and before the party even started they'd tell me to stay in my room, telling me if they saw me at the party i'd be in trouble. I just used to make sure i was out when they had a party. 

"I need to use the bathroom." I said. 

Tommy looked at me, questionably. "Everything okay?" he asked. 

I nodded. "Super." I said, smiling. "I just need to pee." 

Tommy nodded and reluctantly let me walk away. I headed upstairs to the bathroom. I walked past two girls chatting on the stairs, a couple making out and a boy passed out. When I made my way along the upstairs hallway I was surprised to find it littered with unfamiliar faces who looked at me with recognition. They all knew who i was and that this was my house.