07: Cat's Out of the Bag

Content Warning ➙ implied/mentioned overstimulation; implied/mentioned self-harm; implied/mentioned domestic abuse.

♆♆♆

"God, the press is going to have a ball with the news os Selina," Bruce mumbled while he was unlocking the front door. Alfred had gone to park the limousine while the rest of the family scurried to avoid the prying eyes of the paparazzi.

The door of the Wayne Manor shutting behind the family muffled the sound of reporters shouting questions. Percy rubbed at her eyes with the back of her hand before she exhaled deeply and looked around the room. She'd been in the vestibule before, but only once with the social worker, and that day she'd been too preoccupied to take note of the roomy antechamber. The room was spacious with dainty floral wallpapers in varying shades of grey clung to the wall, interrupted by the pristine white molding. Two grand staircases rose, encasing the entryway with a hallway opening between them and opened to a lavish landing. A tall, gothic table sat in the center of the room with a blooming arrangement of chrysanthemums atop it.

Percy noticed a figure sauntering down the halls, approaching the family where they were gathered. There was something sly about the way the figure walked towards them, with her hips swaying lazily and her near-silent footfalls. The figure quickly made it into the room, moving towards Bruce to caress him with a fleeting touch before her attention was diverted. Sharp eyes fluttered to glance over Percy before slinking over to her, a petal-soft hand was offered to Percy, black stiletto nails were perfectly manicured to accentuate her sunkissed skin. She shook the hand, the woman's touch lingering a beat longer than it should have. Quickly, the woman retracted her hand, looking down to check at her claw-like nails.

"You must be Percy," she said, only her eyes shifting to look at the girl in question through long lashes, her close-cropped hair didn't obscure her face in the slightest, yet added a feeling of danger to her, somehow hiding her intentions from the world. Her voice held a hint of amusement, almost a purr, "I'm Selina, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Something in the way she murmured her words made Percy want to lean in, to be embraced by the air of mischief Selina carried with her. Still, she knew better than to let herself be lured into an apex predator's waiting paws. "I apologize for the wait," she continued with a smirk playing at the corners of her lips, "I was... out."

"That's fine," Percy replied, ocean eyes shooting a turbulent look over Selina. "It's nice to meet you too."

"Leave her alone, Selina, she's still getting used to us, not to mention you," Jason told her, voice free of malintent.

"You say that like it's a bad thing, kitten," she replied with a fake pout, she shifted into a tighter stance, elongating her already slender form. "Well, I ought to leave, now, it was fun seeing you all."

As she left the room fell into a trance-like silence watching Silina slither out the doot in tall stiletto shoes that only made noise when she wanted the room's attention to fall onto her. Percy tugged at the sleeves of her emerald dress, she hesitated before leaving the room.

♆♆♆

"The number you have dialed is not available. At the tone please record your voice message. When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press pound for more options," the robotic voice supplied Percy. This was her third time calling Chiron's number and her third time being sent directly to the answering machine.

She hadn't left a message the first two times, just hanging up and calling again, but she was growing tired. She gave in to the temptation of drawing a hot bath and stripping from the tightly wrapped fabrics, she chose to leave a message and have the mentally draining day be over with.