Chapter Eighteen

Roman had been on the lookout for Wren ever since they got separated.

Cato had been searching for the girl from District Ten as well.

Katniss Everdeen had been looking for Peeta Mellark.

Wren started hunting for tributes to release some of her anger.

She was pissed off that she couldn't find Cato, that Roman had taken her from him, and that Glimmer and Marvel were dead. She wanted her friends back, but no one had the power to bring people back from the dead. Her foot came in contact with a rock as she kicked it far away from her. Her hand went to her whips as they unraveled themselves.

The whips flew with her hands towards the first tree that came into her sight. Lashes upon lashes appeared on the bark as she let out her anger. She didn't stop until she felt a sharp pain in her thigh. The girl glanced down at the knife that sat there.

The last girl from District Seven had thrown her only weapon at the girl. The mouse-faced girl looked at Wren in horror. The girl from Ten faced the meek child. The slender girl gasped as she saw Wren's blood-covered face.

"Really? A fucking knife? What did you do? Run out of weapons?" Wren snapped. The child only nodded as she tried to run away. She didn't get far because Wren's whip was around her thigh and she fell with a scream.

As she was on the ground the girl was still screaming. Not because Wren scared her, but because she no longer had two legs. Wren stood over the girl that was slowly scooting away.

"Have you seen Katniss Everdeen?" The girl with the whips questioned. The mouse girl multi-tasked as she shook her head while still screaming at the loss of her leg. Wren rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up."

Her wish was granted as the girl laid limp on the ground surrounded by her blood. She had bled out through her femoral artery. A cannon echoed through the arena. Wren's eyes caught the shiny camera that sat in the tree watching her.

"To her family," Wren stated, "I'm sorry. She was just a girl trying to get home, like me. I'm sorry." She apologized.

Wren walked a few yards away so the hovercraft could take the girl's body back to her parents. She sat down at the base of a tree and pulled out the dried fruit and began to eat. As she finished the dried fruit she pulled out her freshly purified water and drank it. Her eyes followed the hovercraft away and she began to cry. Two more cannons sounded and she cried even harder. Too many lives have been taken from these games. Wren's eyes met the camera once more. The brunette knew for a fact that she wasn't the only monster. The Capital was the true monster.

Wren winced when she moved as she remembered she had a knife sticking out of her thigh. She heard a beeping noise out in front of her. A sponsor parachute floated down to her; A 'ten' was marked clearly on the sides. Wren opened the package and found ointment and two notes.

'This is should help with that puncture wound. And the Capital loved the stunt you pulled with the girl from Seven. Keep it up.' -AG & OT

She quickly put the ointment on and let out a gasp of relief. She saved the rest and shoved the item in her bag. The next note was smaller.

'Find Cato, but wash your face first. You look terrible.' -OT

The girl rolled her eyes.

"Thanks, Oliver," she mumbled before getting up to go find water.

...

It took Wren three hours tops to find the pond that Morena had died at. The water was murky. Wren went to lift a handful of water to her face but dropped it back in when she kept her guard high as she heard voices.