Chapter Nineteen

Light leaked into the cave from a small crack between a few of the rocks. It hit Wren's face and woke her up. With a groan, she sat up and held her thigh. Cato handed her the jar of cream Finnick had sent him. His cut healed overnight, but Wren's had been much deeper.

"Here," he said shoving the jar into the brunette's hands. "You need it more than me. Plus mine is healed."

"Cato I can't take this. Finnick sent it to you." He shook his head.

"The package said Ten-" He was cut off.

"Finnick said it was for you."

Cato sighed, "Wren, I swear if you don't take it." Wren laughed. "You'll what?" Cato didn't answer and she knew she got him, but to keep him happy she took the jar. Wren carefully put ointment on her leg and Clove woke up.

The three ate the last of the dried fruit and cooked squirrel. Clove glanced at the pair before suggesting that they hunt and find water.

"I can look for berries," Wren offered. "Clove can hunt and Cato can go get water."

"Why can't I get berries?" Cato asked in a fake annoyed voice. Wren rolled her eyes. "Remember the training simulation?" She asked. The blond from Two nodded. "Remember how many times the words 'you're dead' popped up?" Cato pouted. Wren shot him a smirk.

"When you two are done flirting let me know so we can go," Clove interrupted in a monotoned voice.

"We're done," Wren said at the same time Cato said, "We weren't flirting." Clove rolled her hazel eyes. "Sure you weren't flirting," she said sarcastically. "C'mon, let's go."

Wren strapped her backpack to her back and placed her whips to her side. Clove had her vest of knives at the ready and Cato had his sword in hand- the same sword that had killed Ivory. Wren's memory of the girl's death suddenly came over her.

The three girls watched as Cato and Roman clashed their swords together. The blonde female between the two short brunettes kept her eyes locked on Cato. His muscles tensed every strike he threw and deflected. She found herself looking at Wren. The girl watched the two in sorrow. She didn't like that they were fighting over her.

"They must really like you," Ivory said to the girl. Wren's hazel eyes snapped to her brown ones.

"I don't know why they do. If anything I'd think they'd fight over you." She muttered. Ivory was taken aback. "What do you mean?"

"You're pretty," Wren said. "A lot prettier than me. In any other circumstances, if Cato and I hadn't met and you two did, I'm sure he'd go for you."

Ivory's brown eyes were wide with bewilderedness. "Do you really mean that?" Wren nodded, her lips in a thin line as she watched the boys.

Cato's sword had sliced Roman's calf and Roman's barely hit Cato's shoulder. Then, things went in slow motion. Their swords hit together with such a force that they were knocked from their hands. Roman's sword went in a direction the blonde couldn't see until she looked down to her stomach.

The sword of the boy she fell in love with was sticking out of her stomach. She couldn't make a sound. The brunette's on either side of her caught her as she fell to the ground. The boys began fist fighting completely unaware of the dying girl.

Ivory's once pink lips were now stained red with her blood. She leaned her head to the side and spit out more of the hot liquid. Her brown eyes met Wren's sad hazel ones.

"I'm sorry," she croaked out.

"You don't need to apologize right now Ivory. You're going to be okay," Wren told her. Ivory shook her head. The blonde winced as pain spread down her legs.