Chapter 36 - Drew

So, this chapter is from Drew's POV only. It was pretty long, and it would have taken me another week to update if I was going to add Em's and Ellie's POV's into this chapter. I hope you like it.

I might have gotten a little carried away with the pic.....I just saw it and thought of Johnny and Mike. Sorry if you don't like it. I just pixelated it so it's a little bit better.

I don't feel like I edited this chapter well, so let me know if I goofed anywhere. Thanks!

*******************************************************************************************************************

DREW

Mike said that he and Johnny were in the parking lot. I couldn't really understand much else, because he just kept moaning and saying that Johnny was beat up very badly. I pulled into the parking lot, where I saw Johnny's red Kia Soul close to the entrance to the stadium. I drove over to where it was parked. My first thought was that Mike should have driven Johnny to the emergency room.

I parked and walked around to the passenger side of the car, where the door was open. On the ground next to the car lay Johnny. He had a blanket thrown over him and his eyes alternated between being open and closed. Mike, wearing a T-shirt and his boxers, was straddling Johnny, yelling at him to stay awake. The closer I got, the more I could see that Johnny had a black eye and a bloody nose. Mike had a bruise forming on his back. It looked like it might end up being the size of a DVD.

"How did this happen?" I asked, as I took Mike's hand and pulled him gently away from Johnny.

"I need to keep him up," he said, pulling on me as if to get back to where he had been.

"I'll do that while you get dressed. We have to take him to the ER, and you being in your underwear is only going to complicate things," I explained.

"Oh.....yeah," he said, his face turning a light crimson color.

"Stay awake, John," I said as I looked down at him, noticing that the blanket was strategically placed over his private area.

"Um.....Mike?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Is he naked under this blanket?" I asked.

"Yes," Mike answered.

"What..." I began.

"Listen. I know you warned us about getting....intimate.....in public, but we just couldn't....stop. We got in the car, and we were going to go to Johnny's house, but our hands touched, then we were kissing, then...well, we ended up in the passenger seat of the car. That's where they found us. And we must not have locked the doors, because they opened them, then accused Johnny of turning me gay. Then, they started beating him. They ripped him out of the car, wearing only a T-shirt, and beat him. They took the car keys, too. It's my fault he's hurt," he rambled.

He had his clothes on now, and I motioned for him to help me get Johnny into the back seat of my car. He wiped his eyes, then bent down to help lift his boyfriend from the ground. I couldn't believe they were unable to keep it together long enough to get from school to Johnny's house. I mean, I wasn't even that bad with Em. Mike hadn't seemed that bad when he'd been dating girls. I felt bad for them though, because no one should be treated that badly. I'd have to talk to coach about this. Mike wouldn't say much, but he alluded to the fact that it was members of the football team who had done this.

"Sorry I called you," Mike said, looking back anxiously at Johnny.

"It's okay. You needed someone to help you," I replied.