Chapter 9

Sorry it took so long! I've been pretty busy lately, and with 2 stories to write, it gets kind of difficult. I hope you like it!

Pic on right is Max Adler as Jake.

***************************************************************************************************************

DREW

Tuesday night, Ellie had come over and we were hanging out. I don't know where Em was exactly. I think she was with Adam, who wasn't my favorite person. I mean, I'd like the guy a lot more if he based his opinion of me on something other than the fact that I was dating the girl he was obsessed with and that he was best friends with the girl who hated me most. Although, I felt like that might be changing.

"Drew? Are you listening to me?" Ellie asked, lightly tracing her fingers down my left arm.

"Yeah, I'm listening," I lied. I had no idea what she was going on and on about.

"I was saying that I think you should throw a party Friday," she explained.

"Okay," I said, happy that she wasn't trying to solicit me for sex again.

Just then, Em walked in the door.

"Hey," she said, as she walked past us and up the stairs.

A small pang of disappointment washed over me as she disappeared from view. For some reason, I wanted her to stay and hang with us. She never had before, so why I expected her to now was beyond me. Just because I set her up with my friend did not mean she was obligated to spend time with me.

A few minutes later, Em came back down the stairs. Was she coming to hang with us? I thought. My silent question was answered as Em said, "I'm just grabbing a quick snack. I didn't get to eat dinner tonight. Adam was dragging me all over the place."

She walked into the kitchen, and I followed her. Ellie looked at me questioningly, but I didn't care. I was getting used to having Em around, and I hadn't seen her all day. She was fixing herself a banana with peanut butter, and seemed to be drinking a water.

"Aren't you going to eat more than that, Martin?" I asked.

"Nah," she replied, taking a bite of banana.

"Drew," Ellie scolded, "don't you realize that Em has to watch what she eats?"

I could have smacked her if she wasn't a girl. Why was she so insensitive?

"I was thinking that she should be eating more than she is. If she wants to eat healthy, she could eat a salad," I stated. I looked at Em. "Do you want me to make you a salad or something?" I asked.

Em smiled, looking down at her food. "Thanks, but this is really enough. I'll eat more tomorrow, I promise. After all, Jake is taking me to dinner," she explained.

"Hey, Em," Ellie said, "do you want to practice kissing with Drew? It's not like you've ever kissed a guy before. Are you nervous Jake will try to kiss you?"

What was she doing? First, she was probably embarrassing Em. Secondly, she was pimping me out. How did she know I would voluntarily kiss Em? Now that I thought about it, I would be interested in comparing and contrasting how it felt to kiss each twin. I was kind of digging the idea.

Then Em said, "Nah, Elle, I've kissed a guy before." She had? Who? She had never dated anyone the whole time I'd been dating Ellie. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed. I'd been at their house a lot over the years. Then again, I'd never realized how mean they were to Em, either.

"Who?" Ellie challenged.

"Adam," Em said. Oh. I guess they did have a thing at some point. "We just wanted to see what all the hype was when we were fourteen. We didn't see any prospects for ourselves in the near future, so we decided to kiss each other. It was gross, like kissing my brother, but I got enough practice to know what I'm doing. So, thanks, but no thanks, Drew. It's not like you wanted to kiss me anyway. Ellie likes to volunteer others for things, but I'm sure you know that."