twenty six- tranquil

song for this chapter: “just like heaven” by The Cure

>>><<<

Zayn and Iris sat down on the steps to the porch, Zayn cherishing the feeling of Iris’ fingers intertwined with his. A fool’s grin adorned his face, and he could barely keep his eyes off of Iris, finally able to just look at her, memorise every single part of her.

Iris was looking at their hands, a small smile on her face, looking content. Zayn was stunned by her, but he remembered how he got here, and who was waiting at the car. He face palmed, making Iris look at him worriedly.

“Is there a reason why you are hitting yourself in the face?” She asked, raising her eyebrows at him.

Zayn laughed. “Well I kinda forget someone in the car.”

Her head tilted to the side in such a gorgeous manner that Zayn nearly kissed her, something he resolved to do later. “Who?”

He looked out towards where Liam was waiting, probably not wanting to walk in on an intimate moment, which he figured he would handle very awkwardly. “Do you remember when I told you about my band mates?”

“I remember.” Iris said, and a little spark of excitement could be seen in her green eyes. “Who?”

Zayn stood up and gently pulled up Iris up with him, a wide smile on his face. “Liam.”

Zayn lead Iris back down the path, as if he were the one who had a more profound knowledge of how to get to the road. He didn’t know why he was so excited to have Iris and Liam meet, it just seemed fitting that two of the most important people in his life met. 

Liam was leaning against the car, glancing at the watch on his wrist, probably wondering how long he would take, making Zayn grin. He looked up and his eyes widened as he saw Iris for the first time, a blush appearing on his cheeks.

“Liam,” Zayn said softly, squeezing Iris’ hand. “This is Iris.”

Iris stepped forward, Zayn noting the tears in her eyes. She held her hand out, and Liam took it. “I am very glad to meet you.” Iris said. “Zayn has told me much about you.”

Liam smiled warmly, and before Zayn knew what was happening, he had wrapped Iris in a hug, much to her surprise. “I am so happy I got to meet you, thank you for keeping Zayn safe.”

He looked at Zayn over Iris’ shoulder, looking happier than he had ever been. Already the air of the hills was changing Liam, leeching out all of the bad that had been settled in him for far too long. With all that had happened, Zayn figured he deserved this moment of happiness.

The two stepped apart, and Iris turned back to Zayn, her lips trembling with happiness as she smiled widely. “We should show Liam the house, Zayn.” She said, almost breathlessly.