thirteen- soothe

thirteen- soothe

song for this chapter: "snowflakes" by Ed Sheeran and Passenger

>>><<<

“Get your motor runnin’, head out on the highway!” Zayn sung, mounting the stairs of the porch, unable to get rid of the exultant smile that adorned his face.

He was admittedly feeling good because he realised that for the first time that he wasn’t struggling to get up the hill, and after a moment of looking down at his chest, found that his abs were more defined than ever.

Zayn felt stronger, and suddenly the tasks that Iris had him doing were easier to complete and were done faster. His thoughts no longer were dark and filled with confusion. He knew that whilst he was here with Iris, he was going to work and spend as much time with her as he could.

He wasn't going to live a life filled with regrets.

Humming, he opened the front door, his eyes immediately looking for the blonde haired girl that never failed to make him smile.

“Iris?” He called, walking down the corridor and into the kitchen, knowing that was usually where she was when he came back from his walk. Zayn didn’t think that Iris belonged in the kitchen- his views weren’t so sexist- but found that she spent a bit of time in that room.

Recalling memories of her father? Zayn thought to himself, knowing that it was highly plausible. He could almost imagine a smaller version of Iris sitting at the table, her father pacing up and down whilst firing questions at her about the latest novel she was studying.

But his thoughts were interrupted when he found that Iris wasn’t there. Not that it really meant much, she could be anywhere in the house, but a little bundle of worry had started to grow in his chest.

“Everything’s fine Zayn, snap out of it.” He muttered to himself, walking out of the kitchen to check the library.

The library was empty. So was the lounge room. And all the rooms on the first floor contained no Iris.