The Arcade

Luz POV.

Me and Amity had just finished making breakfast and were setting up the table. When we finished setting up the table Amity left to wake everyone up. Willow and Gus were the first ones down, followed by Jerbo and Viney, and ending with two very annoyed and tired blights. "Morning guys" I stated as they came down the stairs. "Morning Luz" The blights answered in unison.

"Next time you want us up please don't send Amity" Edric stated clearly annoyed. That's when I noticed the youngest blight behind them wearing a sinister smirk. "Hey, I got you up didn't I" she said sarcastically the twins just glared at her and sat down. "What human food did you make today" Gus asked enthusiastically.

"One of my favorites, homemade French toast you'll love it, Amity helped too." I said looking at my cru- best friend we're just friends stop thinking about being more I scolded myself. "Really, you let Amity help and you didn't blow up the kitchen" Edric asked impressed. "Well maybe I'm a better cook than you think" Amity stated with a proud smile. "You literally burnt cereal, how do you even do that all you need to do is pour milk." Emira stated clearly confused as to how you burn cereal.

"It was one time" Amity stated glaring at her sister. "Wait you actually burnt cereal" I asked curious. "N-no" she said clearly embarrassed causing me to laugh, which just made her even more embarrassed. "Maybe I'll teach you how to cook while you're here" I offered still smiling. "Not that I need it but sure" She answered making me laugh a little more. "Anyway whose ready to go to the Arcade?" I asked still a little guilty for canceling our plans yesterday.

"I can't wait" Gus said enthusiastically as he ate another bite. "This is so good" Willow stated eating another bite. "Thanks, it's one of my favorites" I stated enjoying my food. "What's the sweet white stuff on the top" Jerbo asked pointing at the powder sugar. "That's powder sugar it's really good on French toast"I explained. "You humans are geniuses when it comes to food" Jerbo praised. "On behalf of the humans thanks" I said with a laugh causing everyone to follow suit.

"So do y'all want to go to the arcade after breakfast or later?" I asked after the laughter died down. "Let's go after breakfast we want to spend as much time there as possible" Emira stated and everyone agreed. "Well then it's settled we'll go after breakfast" I stated with a smile.

After breakfast we all went our separate ways to get dressed. "I'll change in my room while you change in my bathroom" I explained as I started looking for clothes. She just nodded and headed to the bathroom with her suit case. "Try to wear something casual" I stated before she closed the door.

After she closed the door I continued to look for something to wear. I settled on a simple blue crop top and some blue jeans. After I got dressed I decided to see if Amity was done. I knocked on the door, to which she answered with a "yes" "are you almost ready" I asked trying not to sound like I'm rushing her. "Yeah I'll be out in a minute" she stated. I ended up waiting a few minutes before she came out  wearing a white graphic tshirt that went a little passed her waist, some black ripped jeans with a chain, a black beanie, and a black choker.

I flush red why does she have to be so hot I think to myself not noticing I was staring. "Uh Luz" Amity snaps me out of my trance "I uh I like your outfit" I say trying to keep my blush at bay. "Oh thanks, should we get going?" She asked "sure right this way miss blight" I say making her laugh causing me to smile. I could listen to that laugh all day, 'what am I thinking, we're just friends and if she finds out how lame I am she'll make fun of me. Just like everyone else stop kidding yourself we'll never be anything more. My eyes begin to sting at my harsh words.

Amity noticed my change in mood "Luz are you okay" she asked looking at me with concern. "Yeah I'm fine" I replied practically without thinking. "Luz I know your not fine are you sure you still want to go?" She asked still really worried "Amity I'm fine I swear, and I can't cancel on y'all again" I stated a slight waver in my voice. "Luz you don't have to do this" she stated again the "what type of host would I be if I didn't" I replied. Amity sighed "why must you be so stubborn" she asked, I just shrugged

"Fine let's go" she said walking out the door and I followed suit. As we walked down the steps I noticed everyone was already ready. "Finally y'all took for ever" Gus said rolling his eyes. "Well we're here now so let's get going it's a decent ways from here" I stated before walking out the house.

Time Skip.

It was around 4 when we got there so there was a decent crowd, I bought us each a card with 100 points on it and explained how to work them. We agreed to split up and meet back at the counter in a couple of hours.

Me and Amity were pared together, which didn't help my ever increasing anxiety but I kept my cool. As we passed the prize I noticed an adorable panda duck hybrid plushie. " wow look at that, I don't know if it's a duck or a panda but I want one" I state pointing at the prize. "Uh Luz how badly do you want that stuffed animal thing" Amity asked. "More than anything in the world Amity" I stated "It would totally make my day" I continued.

Amity's POV.

"I have to get Luz that stuffed animal" I thought to myself. Luz has been sad all day "I want my adorable, optimistic, happy Luz back I need her back" I grabbed Luz's arm and dragged her to the first ticket game. "How do I play this" I asked determined to win as many tickets possible. "Well all you have to do is hit the arrows you see on the screen with your feet" she explained "like following the steps to a dance she stated.

I swiped my card and started to play, it started pretty easy but progressively got faster. I used some of the things I learned from combat training and fencing to help keep up with the steps. Only missing one or two steps.

Luz's POV.

As I watched the beautiful witch in front of me dance I couldn't help but smile. She was so graceful and light on her feet. Is there anything this girl isn't good at I thought to myself. I continued to watch her not once taking my eyes off her beauty.

How did I get to meet someone so perfect I thought. No you're doing it again, stop pretending that you have a chance. If she finds out you like her your friendships is done for. I scolded myself again for wanting to be more. Eventually she seemed to get tired and started missing more steps until she eventually lost. "Danget this game is rigged" she said mad she lost. "Amity chill there's still other games here, plus you got a new high score, I didn't know you can dance you have to show me sometime." I stated not knowing Amity's secret talent. "Oh that, it's nothing I just really want those Tickets" she stated hiding her face.

"Well in that case on to the next game" I said being the one to drag her this time. We ended up having just enough for the panda duck. Amity offered to go get it while I stayed put. As soon as she left 3 familiar faces emerged from the shadows. "Hello Nerdceda" the one in the middle started. "It's been a while" she continued Uh Oh.

Ok the update was later then I hoped so let me make this quick. The new episode was awesome I was happy to see Amity and Hunter interact. Not gonna lie I totally procrastinated so the late update's on me my bad. I know your mad about the cliffhanger but It's just a fun. Any comment recommendations if you want that's all folks see you Saturday hopefully peace ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽 have a Good night/day/afternoon "byeeeee"-Hunter every episode he's in

Word count 1454