xvi. sixteen

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 ,𑁍┊CHAPTER SIXTEEN ˎˊ˗

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 ,
𑁍┊CHAPTER SIXTEEN ˎˊ˗

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 ,𑁍┊CHAPTER SIXTEEN ˎˊ˗

real life !

jasmine stretched as she woke up the next morning, looking around, squinting her eyes from the rays of the sun blinding her through the windows. she grabbed her phone from the nightstand to unplug it from her charger, turning it on to see a discord call still going.

"19 hours? damn." jasmine muttered and bit the insides of her cheeks to suppress a smile. she ended the call and started doing her morning routine lazily, not being a morning person.

jasmine washed her face and brushed her teeth. she walked down the stairs, the quiet atmosphere of the house was a refreshment to her. knowing her family was still asleep, she made her way to the kitchen to cook breakfast for the all of them. she just made the typical pancakes and waffles, while playing some khai dream songs in the background, sometimes humming to it.

"good morning." jasmine turned around and saw her dad walking in the kitchen, sitting on the bar stool.

"g'morning dad, how's your sleep?" jasmine looked back at the pancakes, flipping them over.

"terrible." jasmine knew her dad was workaholic. he'd come home very late, sometimes he never even come home, and go to work early in the morning.

"you really need to rest. do they really not give their employees enough rest?"

"it's fine, i can handle it. but no, they do not." jasmine's dad sighed, putting his head down on the counter.

jasmine prepared the pancakes and waffles and stacked them on a plate, sliding it on the counter for her dad to eat some. "breakfast is ready. where's mom?"

"still sleeping." her dad grabbed a plate and put some food for himself to eat. jasmine sat down in front of him and they both ate in a peaceful silence.