Chapter 1

Haku awoke, and looked around. She saw the sun rising, and noticed Andru and his wolves waking up. She padded out the den and stretched. She looked all around the campground. It's beautiful scenery made Haku feel warm and delighted. The wonderful feelings soon vanished as she remembered she was leaving this fascinating place. She dropped her head and sighed, staring at the cold, grassy floor.

"Haku!" A voice called. Haku looked up and saw it was Varjak, the Alpha and her grandfather.

"Greetings, Alpha," she said.

"Just call me grandpa, Haku," he replied.

She nodded, then stiffened as she felt a presence by her. She turned her head to see it was Andru.

"Ready for your journey, my dear?" Andru said.

"I guess so," she said solemnly.

"Lets go-"

"Wait," Varjak but in,"I want everyone to say goodbye."

Andru suppressed a low growl,"Very well."

All the wolves gathered around, and said their farewells to Haku.

"Good luck, sis," her brother Espio said.

"Don't be afraid of what's to come, and overtake it with courage," her uncle Scorn, the Healer's apprentice told her.

"Remember, you got the spirits of your mother and all the pack with you," Altario said, her other uncle.

"I can see Misty in you, my love. Safe journey!" her grandmother Snowy said.

"I'm gonna miss you, my sweet angel," her father, Tulak said saddened.

Varjak finally went to her,"we are all going to miss you. Just remember that we wish you the best."

"Okay, I won't forget you all."

"Shall we head off?" Andru said.

Haku looked at Andru,"yes."

"Good. Guards!" Andru rallied up his wolves,"we shall be on our way. Thank you Varjak for the stay."

"It was my pleasure," he said,"please protect Haku."

"With my sincerest gratitude, I will," Andru dipped his head in respect. He raised his head,"lets go."

Haku and the wolves left, with Haku hearing her pack-mates yelling farewell. Andru was beside Haku, with one guard on each side of them, and one at the rear end.

"Oh, you will love it at the kingdom." Andru said.

"Yeah.." She replied.

"Do not be sad, and I need to ask you something, how big was your pack?"

"29 wolves in total."

"Ah, at the kingdom, there are over 100 wolves."

She stopped,"100 wolves! You're kidding!"

He looked at her, with a serious expression,"no, I'm not."

"Oh..well that's quite a lot," she said as they continued walking,"must be hard running a kingdom with over 100 wolves."

"Believe it or not, it actually isn't. For me anyway."

"Wow," she said astonished.

"Yes, quite fascinating. Now tell me about yourself Haku."

"Well, I was born into the pack as you know. My mother suddenly wouldn't respond after a couple of days since me and my brothers birth. The whole pack was devastated, and I had to watch her be put underground-"

"I hate to interrupt, but it sounds like your mother died, am I correct?"

"D-died?"

"Oh dear, do you not know what that means?"

"No...no one really bothered to tell me."

"Okay well, dead means when someone or somethings spirit leaves their body and this world to join the heavens, or hell, if they been bad."

"Oh...thanks for telling me," Haku said, her tail drooping.

"Don't feel sad, my entire family died, with me and my brother being the only survivors so you aren't alone."

"That's sad..how did that happen if I may ask?"

"They were slaughtered by bears. Huge, nasty creatures."

"Sorry to hear that."

"Don't be, now continue with your story."

"Oh..after my mom...'died', my father became depressed so it was hard for him to raise me and Espio. Varjak and Snowy, my grandparents, helped in raising me, and I couldn't thank them more. But then..I was left alone and I wanted to go adventuring so I wandered into the woods. I then smelt something awful, but I was curious to what it was so I followed the scent. I didn't realize it was foxes I was following, and I ended up being captured and abused by them. But then, Varjak, Snowy, and my dad came to help me. The downside is...they were attacked by pumas. The pumas damaged my father and made Snowy half blind. I blamed myself for everything, so from that point on I trained hard, so I wouldn't have anything like that happen again."

"Tough, quite sad really. Hate to hear that happen to you."

"It's fine, so how long till we reach the kingdom?"

"Well, if we continue till dusk, then about two days, depending how much we stop."

"Okay," Haku said. They continued walking, and Haku processed everything of the forest slowly, savoring the smells, and the feeling of the leaves crunching under her paws. She looked back, whispering farewell, and looked forward. This is going to be a new life, a fresh start for me, Haku thought, as the sun shown brightly on her pelt and they walked.