Chapter 5

Haku lowered herself in fear. Who is that? A monster? She thought.

"Well? Show yourself!" The voice said again.

Haku slowly crept forward toward the shadow, then stopped.

"If you won't come, then I will!" The voice growled.

Haku shook as the shadow grew bigger and bigger. She jumped as she saw the dog standing across from her. She cocked her head and laughed.

"You are a small dog! And for a minute I thought you were some monster!" Haku laughed as she rolled on her back.

"Hey! I was born like this for your information!" The dog snapped, then relaxed,"I thought you were an enemy, not some confused dog on the streets."

Haku didn't say anything. She sat down and looked at the dog, who seemed to be a female. The dog was fluffy, with a brown and dark brown pattern.

"Who are you anyway?" The dog said as she sat down and scratched her ear.

"My name is Haku, I come from the mountains and I have a mission. And you?"

"Leigh's the name, and fightings' my game. I may be short, but I pack one heck of a kick."

"May I ask of what breed you are?"

"Teacup Yorkshire Terrier."

Could this be one of the dogs? If so, I must bring her along, but...she's so small, Haku thought.

"Anyways, Haku, what brings you to the streets of Nella Valley?"

"Oh, well, as I said before I am on a mission."

"Mission huh?"

"Yeah, I have to recruit special dogs in order to kill a wolf that will cause havoc named Auzra."

"Sounds interesting."

"Could you possibly accompany me on my journey?"

Leigh just looked at Haku. She was pondering of her decision.

"Though I usually don't care, I have nothing better to do. I would love to get out of this town, so I guess I can."

"Great! We should head off now."

"Alright."

-

Haku and Leigh headed off together. On their way, they talked about their lives.

"So, Leigh, can you tell me about yourself?" Haku asked the little dog.

"Lets see...I was born into a litter of three with all sisters. Our mother and father abandon us while we were so little, and since I was the eldest and most fit, I protected my siblings. One day, I went out to go gather some food for them and when I returned, they were gone. I looked all over for them, day and night and I eventually found them."

"Where were they?"

"Dead by a stream."

"Oh..." Haku said, feeling bad for the dog.

"From that day forward, I vowed to be strong and to protect anyone that matters to me."

"I'm sorry," Haku said.

"It's alright, so how about you?"

Haku told her whole story and the purpose of why she was out there.

"Wow, tough life. So you are part of a prophecy?"

"Yes, along with three others."

"Well I hope we find them soon."

Haku smiled and acknowledged the little dog. Maybe this was the beginning of a strong friendship to come.