Chapter 7

Darik's henchmen looked at each other and back at the old friends. None of them said a word but bowed in respect.

Darik stopped rubbing muzzles with Leigh and looked at her and Haku.

"Forgive my lot for tearing y'all 'part. Maybe if I knew sooner, this could of been prevented," he said with politeness.

Leigh smiled,"its alright, I don't feel a thing-"

"I  do," Haku grunted.

Leigh looked at her,"if it's possible Darik, can we stay at your place and maybe get ourselves patched up?"

"Well of course," he said,"anything for you my friend, follow me. Come on boys!"

Darik took the lead of the 'pack' as Haku and Leigh followed.

On the way there, Haku couldn't ponder much longer.

"Leigh?"

"Mmhm?"

"How exactly did you and Darik become friends?"

"Oooh boy. If I can even remember," she rolled her eyes,"oh that's right. So remember how I told you of my life story?"

"Yeah."

"So basically I met Darik when I got into a fight with some older dogs. I guess he protected me from them and from then, we were just friends. He was the only company I had."

"What made you split?"

"Well, its no surprise you can hardly get anything in this city that's edible, turns out some dog was holding a competition to determine the strongest fighters in the city. It's usually held every other year and the reward for each battle you win was one steak. This caught Darik's interest and he tried to persuade me to go. I told him that risking my life wasn't worth it for pieces of meat and I headed off. We never really spoke again after that."

"Huh, what kind of dog hosts matches for dogs to brawl for food?"

"Happens almost everyday out here so I don't know"

"Mm."

They continued walking until they reached some sort of campground. It was abnormal to what Haku was use to. There was ginormous boxes that formed dens with a long fence surrounding the area. She felt worn out and started falling. Two of Darik's pack-mates held up Haku as they entered.

"How y'all holdin' up back there?" Darik called.

"Awful," Haku muttered.

"Well you just walk to the healing area. You'll be fine," Darik responded.

The two dogs led Haku to where Darik specified to go. They lay her down on the cushion which made Haku felt uncomfortable.

"What is this I'm lying on?" She asked who seemed like the Healer. The 'healer' was a female with gray fur and pale yellow eyes.

"It's called a 'bed' for dogs. I assume you aren't from around here since you are-" the dog stopped and scanned Haku up and down,"a wolf."

"Well, yeah," Haku said. Her head throbbed and the wounds stung. She felt dreary.

"Don't worry," the 'healer' said,"I'm gonna put some dog-made poultice on your wounds and give you some poppy seeds for easy rest okay?"

"I guess."

"Now this will sting a little.."

The dog applied the poultice which made Haku wince. She lay the poppy seeds on the floor for Haku to eat, which she did and Haku felt sleepy. At that moment, Leigh walked in.

"Hey gurl," she said and pounced on the bed, to which make Haku gasp in pain,"sorry 'bout that. How ya holding up?"

"Fine, just exhausted is all."

"Well you know we got a looooonnngggg journey to find these other dogs."

"Mmhm.." Haku was drifting to sleep.

"And we gotta catch food and I need to teach you stuff."

"Mmmm..hmm"

"And you know Auzra's right outside."

Haku snapped awake and jumped up,"huh?! Where?!"

"Ha just kidding. Get some sleep ya dork," Leigh said and she started padding out. Haku curled up in the bed and drifted off to a smooth slumber.

-

SOO SORRY FOR THR LONG WAIT
IM A TERRIBLR AUTHOR DX