31 | sneaking onto the ship

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 31:

SNEAKING ONTO THE SHIP

"Nothing to lose."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE TRIP BACK from Goat Island with the teenagers is filled with many conversations as Kie tries to gain a better understanding of what truly happened to her best friends last night. Both wet mud and blood has settled itself into Delilah and Pope's clothing, unable to do anything about it since neither of them have a chance to go home and deal with it. But Kie ignores these two factors and continues to drive them along the smooth roads, just thankful that they're alive and still breathing.

Currently, the three friends have all clambered out of the vehicle, choosing to leave it along the side of the road after spotting that the Pogues' campervan has been abandoned — the assumption is made that JJ and John B are nearby. Each one of the teens sprint across the road and hurry over to the containers that are situated beside the docks as they get ready to be transported onto the ships. They weave through the narrow pathways and turn every corner they find to avoid crashing into a dead end.

Eventually, after a couple minutes of walking around aimlessly, JJ and John B are both spotted crouching down behind one of the many containers. Heads are peaking out over the top of the large object with their gazes held onto something happening directly ahead. The pair are completely unaware of what's actually happening around them, focused on what's ahead to continue with the original plan of action; they need to save Sarah and get the cross, that's all.

Meanwhile, a smile has split across Delilah's face at the mere sight of the boys, thankful that nothing has happened to either one of them. The three advance forwards so that they're able to join JJ and John B in where they're currently hiding (not so well). But the sudden sound of footsteps filling the air causes them to spin around to face the direction that the noises are coming from. Bodies tense with fear as to who it could possibly be, but only relax again at the sight of the three Pogues standing there.

"Woah!" JJ shouts, shocked. "I almost stabbed your eyes out."

"How'd you guys even find us?" John B asks.

"I geo-located your phone, and you guys also left the Twinkie broken down nearby." Kie informs.

"Ly, Pope, you okay?" JJ asks as he eyes their dirty clothing. "What happened?"

"Rafe, round three." Pope simply replies.

"You fucking kidding me? Again?" JJ questions.

"This was a tie." Pope assures.

"Don't worry, I only had another nosebleed." Delilah tells the blond upon seeing his worried gaze. "You should've seen Rafe."