32 | scholarship or john b?

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 32:

SCHOLARSHIP OR JOHN B?

"Good luck on it, smartass

"Good luck on it, smartass."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FOLLOWING AFTERNOON soon comes around, which means that the four have had enough time to lounge around and relax after yesterdays events — though, Kie and Pope have been keeping a close eye on the couple. They're all waiting on John B to return back home from his little fishing trip with Ward Cameron. It's only a matter of time until that happens and they're able to go forward with the plan to retrieve the gold.

Delilah's eyes drift around the place before landing on JJ, spitting him sitting on the side of the hot tub with his feet dangling into the warm water that is in swirling inside. The girl walks over after deciding to join him, swinging her legs over the side of it to copy what he's doing. JJ flashes her a smile as his blue eyes meet her green ones, instantly taking notice of her beside him. Delilah just returns the same smile as she kicks her foot forwards in the water, starting to play footsies with the blond boy.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning, we gotta get this done." Pope tells them.

None of the three get a change to reply to their friend due to the fact that John B has silently walked around the corner. His face is completely blank with expression, barely even taking notice of the fact that his back garden has now been decorated with neon lights and a hot tub.

"Yo, JB!" Delilah greets.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ informs.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope corrects, not wanting the blond to take all the credit.

However, John B doesn't reply to any of them as his facial expression continues to remain blank. His gaze is locked down onto the ground beneath, entering through the doors to his one house. Delilah's brows furrow together in confusion to his actions as she exchanges glances with the others.

"Okay then." Delilah mutters.

"Uh, what's that all about?" Pope questions.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ says.

The four friends then proceed to enter through the same doors that John B disappeared into, choosing not to say anything word to each other and follow after their friend. Multiple questions flood out of their mouths, bombarding the boy and not receiving a single word in response. This makes the friends grow frustrated by the minute as they become more demanding for answers as to what is wrong.