14 | up in flames

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 14:

UP IN FLAMES

"Verdict is in, bro

"Verdict is in, bro. Whoever is up there,
does not like you."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

IN THE HORIZON, the beaming moon has slowly risen into the starry night sky. The fairy lights, which are still securely wrapped around the tree outside of the Château, have been switched on and allows light to shine through the darkness. A group of teenagers are gathered beneath the lights, standing side by side as they wait for Sarah; she had asked for them all to patiently stay here at the Château.

Fortunately, it doesn't take long for Sarah to return to the house. A look of relief crosses over her face as her gaze drifts between each of them, grateful to see that they had actually waited like she asked. John B can be seen following closely behind the blonde girl. He knew (from Sarah) that they would all be waiting here, but his eyes still widen slightly at the sight of everyone greeting him with warm smiles, as if they haven't been distant for the past few days.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for waiting." Sarah softly tells them. "Look who decided to come home."

"Welcome back." Cleo greets.

"You always somehow find your way to slither out of there, JB." Delilah comments with a grin.

"You know me, Red. They can't hold me in there forever." John B replies.

"I, uh... I have something that I want to share with you guys." Sarah stammers.

"What is it?" Kie asks.

"I can get us down to the Orinoco tomorrow. All we have to do is lay low tonight, then my dad is going to let us use his plane first thing in the morning." Sarah explains.

JJ raises a brow, scoffing. "Ward? Right, okay."

"That's a lot to process." Pope quietly says. "I mean, your dad actually helping us?"

"I know it might seem like a crazy idea, but I talked to him. He promised that he would do this." Sarah assures.

"So we trusting Ward now?" Cleo questions.

"Fuck no." Delilah replies.

"Trust Sarah." Kie states.