18 | a bet is made

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 18:

A BET IS MADE

"Goodnight, bird shit

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Goodnight, bird shit."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE WATER IS cold compared to the heat that the sun rays have beaming down onto it, glistening in the light. Two surfboards are floating in the sea with JJ and Delilah sitting on top of them, only rising as the small waves shift underneath. It's a small but calm movement as the pair sit in silence and soak in each other's company. Their friends were previously with them, but soon disappeared inside to get some food.

Unfortunately, John B and Kiara both had questions about the newfound cuts and bruises on Delilah and Pope's faces. But, somehow, they all managed to lie to their faces and made them believe it. The lie was that Pope had accidentally tripped over and face planted the floor, when Delilah smacked her face on the side of boat when trying to do a flip off of it.

None of the three wanted to lie to their best friends, but none of them wanted to tell the truth either. If they explained their run in with the two Kooks then that would just make John B and Kie worried, even more so if they found out she was knocked out by the son of the Cameron family — the girl is known to be involved in fights and throw some beatings, so how could this happen? Delilah claims it was an unfair fight since it was technically the rock that knocked her out, not a punch or anything Rafe threw himself.

"Ly, are you sure you're okay?" JJ asks, a hint of worry laced in his voice.

"I'm perfectly fine, J. I promise." Delilah assures with a small smile. "I'll get him back next time."

"No. No, Delilah. No next time." JJ insists. "I don't want you getting hurt again."

The redhead grows unsure of what to say as a felt to him. She knows that he's just trying to show how much he cares for her and have that protectiveness come out again, and she's grateful for that. The girl reaches down to fix the way that her bikini top sits on her body, wincing slightly as her hand brushes against the left ribcage. JJ is quick to catch notice of this and doesn't let it slip like Del had hoped. His eyes travel down her body to see what's caused that short moment of pain, spotting a small bruise resting upon body.

"Golf club." Delilah blurts out.

JJ freezes for a split second in confusion before realising that she had noticed his gaze. His eyes snap up to look into Delilah's eyes as his eyebrows raise.

"He hit you with a golf club too?" JJ questions.

"No, he hit Pope with a golf club. I just fell on top of it when he threw me into the rock." Delilah briefly explains.

THE REDHEAD ☾ jj maybankजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें