Chapter 1.

This story will be told almost entirely from Frank's POV with occasional yet rare Gerard POV's. I have no rules for my story. I encourage all comments. I will post as much as my creative juices allow me.

Enjoy~

Chapter 1.

It was the first day of school at Belleville High, my junior year. I was going to dress to impress like my peers but an unfortunate power outage the night before left my nice clothes soaking in the wash. Which was typical of my luck. But when your circumstances tend to be as bad as mine on a daily basis you learn to adapt. So I decided to dress in my every day attire, some black jeans and a pantera shirt paired with some beat up low top converse. I smudged some of my moms eyeliner on too. She wouldn't find out considering she left for work before I left for school and came back around dinner. Not that she would mind, all she wanted was for me to be happy. But she may prefer I be happy with some of my own eyeliner.
The sound of the autumn leaves crunched under my shoes, announcing my presence to my frizzy haired friend a couple yards away.
Rays head snapped up from his conversation with Mikey and a big grin spread across his face.

"Iero! I haven't seen you all summer!" He came bounding towards me, enveloping me in a big bear hug,

"Umpfh! I was only gone for July and August Ray!" I squeaked out under his squeeze.

Over the summer I had spent June with my mother and the rest with my father in New York. To say I didn't like him was a bit of an understatement. He was violently close minded. Homophobic, sexist, racist. And worse thing of all- he listened to Abba. At full blast in his garage where he made me work on cars with him. Not that my dad knew about my sexuality in the first place, nor would he ever. I hadn't had a boyfriend in a long time. Not by my own choice, there was a point in time Ray had admitted he had a crush on me in freshman year after we had experimented a few times but times had changed and Ray was expressing more interest in girls these days. Also I had burped the alphabet in front of him WAY too many times now for there to be any residual attraction left. So considering I had no suitors in site anytime soon I didn't see me needing to come out to him as being an issue. My mom supports me in whatever she can, when she's even there. Not that I hold it against her, every hour she worked was to put food on the table for me. And eyeliner in the bathroom.

He let go of me. "Yeah man but that means I only had Mikey and Matt to hangout with! Have you seen how nerdy these guys are? watching cartoons and shit....what is this the 80's?"

A snort let out from Mikey who was leaning up against the brick building, he lifted his head, his grey hoodie falling back away from his face.
"Dude, don't shit on the 80's. Some of the best bands came from that era. You're acting like we tortured you! You were just as excited to watch Batman as we were. It wasn't so bad. Besides you hung out with Gerard a couple of times too."

Rays face twisted up as if he tasted something sour.
"Hungout with him? The guy locked himself up in his room with his comic books all but two times this summer."

"Well....Gerard isn't much of a people person" Mikey sighed.

"Who's Gerard?" I piped up.

The bell above the entrance to the school let out a shrill ring interrupting the conversation and making me wince.
How had I forgetting how absolutely terrible that sound was?

"Okay guys- I am NOT getting on a bad foot with Mrs. Marie this year! Later!" Mikey took off running, swinging open the door to the school as other kids started to pile into the doors from the courtyard.

"Mrs. Marie....again? Mikey failed English again? We literally speak the language." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Ya gotta expect the unexpected from the kid. Besides, we'll never let him hear the end of it anyways so cut him some slack today." Ray shot a warning glance.

"Don't worry I won't make fun of him....for failing the English language.....literally the only language he knows." I giggled

"Frank!"

"What? He's not here to hear me say it."

Ray looked at me in judgment for a moment then started to giggle too.
"Okay fair is fa-

I felt something heavy slam into my back causing me to stumble forward a few steps towards Ray. He caught me by my elbow and put me upright again. I swung around to see who it was to be faced with none other than Bob Bryar.

"Hey watch it! Oh.....Iero." Bob sneered at me while looking at me up and down.

"Sorry did I interupt you two making out? I was hoping you'd leave the emo bullshit in sophomore year too. Freaks" the last part was muttered under his breath as he walked away.
Ray and I watched Bob walk away and meet up with his group of friends and fist bump before heading into the school. We glanced back at eachother.

"You know...." I sighed dramatically. "I'm actually kind of bummed out. I thought we had evolved into looking more punk this year." Ray giggled at my joke and a wide grin spread across my face as we both laughed at the ridiculousness of teenage bullies.
We both started to head inside, an amazing start to a undoubtably fantastic year.

"It's the eyeliner man. You're giving us a bad name!"

"Hey, this is my moms eyeliner which she happens to love, are you insulting my mom?" I watched as Ray's face turned into a look of shock and disbelief.

"I didn't say that!"

I giggled as we walked into the building, but just before we did I saw something to my left. A flash of white. I snapped my head towards it, immediately drawn. I was met with piercing hazel eyes on the most beautiful man I had ever seen leaning up against the school building, peering straight at me. Almost...through me.

I wasn't laughing anymore.

Jet black hair danced along his pale white skin, framing it like the shadows on the moon yet there were no imperfections, no crevices or craters along his surface, just the smooth white marble skin. An upturned nose perfectly placed above firmly pressed together lips. Almost like he was pondering something. My eyes flickered to his eyebrows which quickly went from relaxed to furrowed, my eyes then shot back to his again, my heart skipping a beat as he caught my gaze.

For a moment he observed me the same way. His eyes traced over me from my hair down to my shoes, something about this action made me freeze up. An instinct kicked in that I didn't understand- like I was in danger. But I was in a crowd full of people, what danger could possibly be present? I then looked down- he was dressed similar to me. Except his clothes looked like they had probably been washed and dried and not leftover from the week before. He had on black skinny jeans and a black t shirt. There was writing on it but I couldn't make it out. A leather jacket graced his frame with his arms crossed protectively in front of him. My eyes flicked back up to meet his again. A serious fire burned behind them. It was like Ray and everyone else had faded away and it was just me and hazel eyes.

And then the world started spinning again.

The onslaught of teenagers pushing to get into the building carried me with them and soon I was inside a brightly lit fluorescent building left completely stunned.

Who was that?