Chapter 2.

I was walking through the horribly lit halls of Belleville, but my mind was elsewhere.
Who could that of been? I had never seen him here before. Something about him looked out of place, like he should be in a meeting, not a highschool. Physically he looked 17 but something about him seemed otherworldly. Like he was in the wrong...decade. I don't know.

He looked like a freak.

Hot, but a freak.

"Dude who the hell was that?"

"Who the hell was who?" Ray looked at me puzzled.

"The guy leaning up against the school, leather jacket?? Literally staring straight at me?"

"I'm sorry Frank, am I suppose to notice all your secret admirers? I didn't see anybody."

I turned to look behind me towards the door, the corner he was leaning against just out of site. Damn.

"Hey guys!" Matt came jogging at us from down the hall, a big grin on his face.

"Hey buddy what's up!" Ray gave him a hug. I gave him a little side smile.

"Hey Frank! Been awhile buddy, how was your summer?"

"Great! Have you ever worked on cars with your homophobic father in 100 degree weather?" I smiled widely.

"......no I haven't. But it sounds thrilling" Matt winced.

"Oh you bet."

We were stood in the middle of the hall, blue lockers lined either side as kids walked around us and into classrooms.

"So what's everyone's classes this year? I know I saw Mikey sprinting towards Mrs. Marie's class. Which I could've sworn he had last year but I didn't get a chance to ask him." Matt shrugged.

"I have Chemistry first period." I said and shot Ray a hopeful glance.

Ray frowned.

"I have math." Dang. I was really hoping to have first period with my best friend.

"I have chemistry Frank!" Matt exclaimed happily and we high fived.

"All right!"

"Well you two have fun. I really oughta head to class now, it's upstairs. I'll see you guys at lunch yeah?" Ray nodded before heading off, his fro bouncing behind him.

"Ready?" Matt grinned at him.

The man leaning against the school was still in the back of his mind but he let it go for now.

They strolled down the hall until they were outside of Mrs. Walsh's room and paused for a moment.

"You know I don't even know how we got signed up for chemistry class. My first pick was physical science. Chemistry gives way too much homework." I muttered.

"Couldn't agree more, I wanted to be in biology so I could cut up a frog."

I shot him a look of disgust.

"Bro really? Never mind, I actually couldn't be more thrilled for this class." I rolled my eyes and swung open the door, the class about half packed.

"Welcome to anyone new coming in! Please have a seat." The frizzy haired red head teacher gave us a warm smile and welcomed us in with a shooing motion.

I looked over at Matt who was fiddling with a lock of brown hair nervously. "Where should we sit?"

I looked around the room at the empty seats. I didn't want to be too close up that I got stuck with Jaime, a huge teachers pet who succeeded in pissing me off last year when I sat next to her with her constant snapping at me for talking too much, being on my phone, listening to music. It was English class! Unlike Mikey I know how to pass the easiest class in the world. Screw me if I decide I want to listen to some nirvana while I read how to kill a mockingbird. Have to keep it interesting somehow. How I didn't get kicked out for strangling that girl is beyond me. But I didn't want to be too far back that I got stuck with the potheads. Not that theres anything wrong with pot but I knew for a fact Kellin, the schools notorious pothead, would be nodding off every day and the sound of snoring was not going to help me in this class in the long run. I settled on a seat closest to the wall with the door, three seats away from the front, two seats away from the back. Matt of course sat in the back next to Kellin who immediately shot up out of his slumber and wiped some drool off his chin before high-fiving Matt.