Chapter 5.

Authors note- It's about to get good. I am so so excited for the next few chapters.

**********************************

I was so stupid for doing this. Mikey said this guy doesn't like me. How the hell did Ray talk me into this?

I walked past the kitchen where I thought Mikey would be getting us sodas, but as I passed the bathroom I heard the sound of running water. Great so with Mikey busy who is going to damage control if this went bad? Ugh.

I looked up the staircase to go upstairs, which looked much more ominous than it normally did.

"Don't be a wimp Frank..." I muttered to myself. Ironically these words of encouragment were something Bob would tell me when he picked on me and wanted me to fight back. Maybe if i survived this I should thank him. Ain't that a thought. I cocked my head to the side as i heard a soft guitar strumming sound coming from upstairs, confirming Gerard was indeed up there. The strumming was so gentle, which suprised me that Gerard could be gentle about anything from the short time i'd known him. I listened for a bit...he seemed to be playing heart shaped box. Here goes nothing.

Half way up the stairs the strumming suddenly stopped, I could have sworn I was being quiet, how could he of heard me? Nonetheless I continued my journey up the stairs. Gripping into the railing for physical, and well honestly emotional support. I made it to the top and let go, trying to remember which room was the bathroom. I wished he was still playing guitar so I figure out where the hell he was.

I took a step further into the dimly lit hallway. I had only been up here once before when the bathroom downstairs had been broken, at the time no one else was inhibating the house besdies Mikey- And for the life of me I could not remeber where anything was. The only photos on the walls were very old, black and white photos. I didn't take the time to examine them as I was focused on finding Gerard's room. It did make me sad that Gerard and Mikey must have no one to take current photos with. It occured to me I should frame a photo of me and Mikey and give it to him as a gift. I smiled at the thought. I quickly began looking around the hallway again. Only one room had a dim light coming from the bottom of the door, I tried my luck and took a small step towards the door. I brought up my hand to gently knock on it.

*tap tap tap*

"Ger-ard?" My voice cracked on the A and I immediatly started mentally cursing myself. I didnt have much time to before the door swung open, it opened inwards revealing all of Gerards room and...Gerard. I hadnt realized how close I was to the door untilI saw Gerard standing right in front of me, suddenly he seemed a lot taller. Or I, a lot shorter. He looked shocked to see me, his hazel eyes wide staring down at me, mouth slightly open. I took a small step back. He had changed since I saw him last, his hair was now wildier, his black locks going in all directions, and he had changed out his black jeans for black sweatpants. His iron maiden shirt was still on but had shedded the leather jacket. Behind him looked like a normal room. I could only see the end of his bed which had a dark blue cover on it, band posters littered the wall. He had a pantera poster with the same logo I had on my shirt.

"Frank." He stated simply. He sounded shocked.

And rightfully so. What was I thinking? This guy had told me to fuck off a million times without actually telling me to fuck off and now I was at his door asking for a favor.

"Gerard." I said back staring up at him. Something in me told me to get it together.

"Gerard! Sorry to bother you! I wanted to borrow uhm..." I looked behind him to see the guitar I was inquiring about on his bed, clearly the one he had just been playing. "Your guitar. I wanted to borrow your guitar. But clearly you're busy so..." I trailed off and winced in embarassment.