Chapter 3.

The rest of the day passed by slowly. Until music class that is, my absolute favorite class and it was right before lunch where I got to see all my friends. I had left my guitar there over the summer on accident and had been itching to get it back.

I walked into the classroom beaming, totally ready to get my rock on. The teacher, Mr. Dean, was super chill and gave us a lot of creative freedom on assignments. Writing songs was a passion of mine, something my friends shared with me. Especially Mikey and Ray. Unfortunately Bob was in this class as well. The more the merrier.

One day I was going to break and snap on that boy.

Maybe once I get some height increasing shoes. Or a chair. And a gym membership.

I walked to my usual seat and threw my bag to the side. There were no desks only chairs spread around a huge room, it was great for the sound. I beelined for my guitar on the other side of the room.

"YEAAAAHHH baby I missed you!"

"Frank! You got your guitar back!" I heard Ray from behind me who was just walking in the door with Mikey.

"Yes! I've been working on lyrics all summer. I can't wait to try something out on Pansy." I could feel my grin from ear to ear as I marveled at my guitar.

Mikey made a sour face. "You named your guitar?"

"Didn't you name your bass?" I shot back.

"No. I'm not a dweeb."

"The stringey brown emo haircut and movie theater glasses say otherwise kid." Ray giggled with me.

"I'm not a kid! I'm like...a year younger than you guys." Mikey pushed his hands into his jacket pockets and visibly pouted. Dweeb behavior.

"Alright everybody!" The three of us looked up to see Mr. Dean stand up from his seat his black curly hair wild per usual. "Is everyone ready for a jam sesh? Anyone who wants to come up and play something is more than welcome! I'd love to hear anything you've written over the summer!"

"You should go up man." Ray nudged me.

My eyes flickered between the two of them. "Thats not embarrassing?" I anxiously bit my lip and watched as even more kids poured in to the classroom.

"I don't think it is. Classroom is filling up the more you wait so you might as well go up now."Mikey have me a supportive smile.

"Ugh! I haven't even practiced anything with the guitar I only THINK I know what I want to play."
Then something jogged Frank's memory.

How had he forgotten to confront Mikey about the g word situation???

He swung his head to look directly at Mikey. "Hey dude when the fuck were you going to tell me you had a brother?" Frank spat the words out.

"Oh....I don't know I just forgot." Mikey looked down at his feet.

"We've been friends for a year and you just 'forgot' to mention you had a brother?" My fingers made quotations in the air.

"Yeah I...I guess I did. Well I didn't plan on seeing him for like...a long time." He looked back up from his shoes to me.

"Okay well he's kind of weird. Guys been staring at me NON STOP." I wasn't sure if I had a problem with that or not.

Mikey cocked his head to the side , "he's been staring at you?"

"Yeah I just said that."

"Oh. I'm sorry I guess I could talk to him I didn't mean to le-"