Unfairness of the World

The words that no parent or child wants to hear: "He's quirkless, I'm afraid."

Izuku waited outside the office. Both adults knew that he would be hurt by this. After all, everyone is looking forward to recieving their quirk... and if he didn't get one... 

Inko seemed to understand the coming struggles her son would face."O..oh... are you sure...? Could he not just be a late bloomer?"

"He could be, as they both show no signs, but I wouldn't get his hopes up... late bloomers are just as rare, if not rarer than quirkless at this point."

She was quiet at that, but still, "I see... god it's going to break his heart."

"It's unfair, I know..."

Waiting in the room outside the office, Izuku waited for his mother to tell him the good news. What quirk would he get? What would it do? How would it funciton? Would he change to accomodate it? However, his thoughts dampened when his mother exited the doctor's office, seeing her sad face. Even still, he asked excitedly, "Mom, do you know what quirk I have...?"

Her voice was quiet as she apologized. "I'm sorry Izuku... you're quirkless."

Not understanding, or refusing to understand, the small green haired boy dropped his Allmight figure. Tears started to form in his eyes as his "What..."

She rushed over to hug him. There was nothing Inko could do. Even she had a quirk, even if it wasn't strong... "I'm so sorry..."

Even though the people at the hospital didn't know why, they sympathized with the child. Without context, it was still terrible to see a mother worrying over her child...

When he got home, he watched the video of Allmight again. His smile, while rescuing 100s of people at once... it made Izuku cry. Why can't I be like him...? 

All he got was another apology... but that wasn't what he wanted. No, what he wanted was proof that his dream could still be achieved. So, the greenette decided to search something up: Quirkless heroes. He found out about batman, iron man, and many more, but something caught his eye. A much, much older set of heroes... the lone riders... with particular not, the nameless gunslinger blondie. He was chivalrous, a quickdraw, and while he was in it for himself, still helped those around him. He is what a hero is... and he doesn't need a quirk...

As he grew up, everyone was grew to be mean to him... except his mother and Auntie Mitsuki, his main bully's mother. They used to be friends until he was found to be quirkless.

Blondie wouldn't let these guys beat him up... but I can't do anything yet... However, over the years, he trained his body, and had an interest in mechanical engineering. He created inventions that could help himself and others, and submitted the patents. Even with this new source of income through his inventions, most businesses that used them refused to admit that they got them from a "quirkless" individual. Izuku didn't really care for the fame anyway, he just wanted to help his mother, and anyone else he could. Even with all of the different powers... most people weren't allowed to use them, anyways. He would become a hero... despite what everyone else thought.

When he was 14 years of age, Izuku had, at ths point, developed into a tall, well built teen, and he was all lean muscle, but in a way that wasn't noticed. Part of this was due to realizing his limitation, and working with them, all while having dealt with bullying and hatred due to being quirkless... Izuku reached his breaking point. Today as not a good day,a nd Katsuki Bakugo approached his desk. "HEY USELESS DEKU..."
Tired, annoyed, the greenette asked: "What..."
Katsuki was gloating over him, "Still thinking of going to UA?"
Fed up with all of the terrible treatment, "Why do you hate me?"
His face turned to the epitome of stupidity. "Hah?"
                                                                                                                                                                                                        "Seriously, I'm not going to the hero course. Why are you bothering me anymore?"