Going off the Beaten Track

When Izuku woke up the next morning, he decided to make something. Get his mind off of the depressing facts presented yesterrday. Powerloader tried to take the weight off, but all it did was crush him more. He'd been Atlas under his dreams, and, yet again, a hero ruined things.

It wasn't his fault. More like the fault of the other staff. He remembered the rule change, How could they change it back? It's just... unfair, and flies in the face of UA's motto. Plus Ultra. Go beyond. How am I supposed to do that, if they won't give me a chance? If it was based on my design flaws, or anything, but not my quirkless status...

Sighing, he focused on the materials in front of him, the greenette started with a piece of wood, and used a power tool to shape it into a stock. He'd also made a long metal tube with rifling on the inside for accuracy, and carefully attached it. The mechanics of an old rifle like this were easy to implement. This would be an evolution of the gauntlet, but inspired to make a rifle... based off of Clint Eastwood's in the movie last night. Which meant that he created the base rifle based off of an old Winchester model. A classic.

Taking the mechanism out of the gauntlet and put it against the form of the rifle, he imagined how best to attach it, how to best implement his idea. Eventually, he attached a roll of chain. He looked down the iron sights, and found it a bit left heavy, which was understandable, given the position of the mechanics. He worked throughout the morning until he heard Mitsuki call him. "Izuku, Lunch is ready!"
Checking the time, it was already mid afternoon. Laughing at the absurdity of the situation, he quickly set down the device, admonishing himself: "I got too involved in this!" 

To her, the greenette called out, "I'll be right there!" 

Seeing him, still deshevled, Mitsuki smiled, "You slept in well..."
However, the boy shook his head, "Nah, I was up at six working on a new prototype."
Curious, the blonde asked, "Ooh, what is it?"
He grinned, and gave a quick synopsis. "A villain catching device based off of my gauntlet." He showed it to her, in its... rough glory. As a prototype, it wasn't decorated at all. That would come later.
However, while she still smiled, her eyes conveyed nervousness. If they were in an anime, she would've had a sweat drop expression, "In other words a speargun."
He explained the first couple features of the gun, "This one can reel villains back to them, and can be used by anyone..."
Meanwhile, Mitsuki gave her own thoughts, interrupting him, "That's grim."

He shrugged, not really perturbed by that statement. "Inspiration strikes whenever. What's for lunch?"

"I made Karaage Soba. I know it's not your favorite... but... it's still something!" She put a bowl down at the small dining room table. The Soba noodles looked delicious as they were sprinkled with crumbed chicken.
"Cool! Thanks for lunch!" He sat down in front of it, eager to eat it.
Meeanwhile, Mitsuki told him, harsh in the command, "No guns at the table! Set it down someplace else."

"Ah, right!" He pushed it away so it leaned against the sofa, and the blonde smiled, knowing he was back to his old, chipper self. At least as close to it as possible.

Sitting down with her own bowl, Mitsuki asked her nephew: "What'cha going to do this afternoon?"
He sighed, glancing at the weapon for a second before returning to his food. "Probably test it. See how it works now that I've built it, its limitations, etc."

"Don't tire yourself out, ok?"

He glanced up to meet her concerned eyes. He smiled, since she was worried for him. The only person left for him, and he wouldn't let her be worried more than Auntie already was. "I won't."
She nodded, before checking the time, "Good, I have to get home after lunch, but I'll visit soon."