A Terrible Mistake

Fucking finally got away from those dumbasses, especially that old hag. That was what Katsuki Bakugo thought as he walked back to his place. I'm not fucking weak! It was just a scratch. That villain looked surprisingly like fucking Deku, though... too much for comfort. It was at this time, when the ashen blond arrived home. Fumbling with the keys, he got the door open, to find his mother absolutely worried sick. She lunged, bringing him into a hug. When she did, the blonde woman asked him directly, "What happened?"
Katsuki was blunt, and stated the obvious, hoping that would free him. "The USJ got attacked."

Her voice was tense with concern, even though her words didn't reflect that, "Did you at least beat the crap out of them?"
Enraged at the prospect that he couldn't handle some D list villains, he immediately rounded off on her. "Of course, old hag!"
Her voice, uncharacteristically hurt, shouted back. "Hey!"
Katsuki continued to rant at his mother, unfairly... "There was one thing... I don't know, but one of them reminded me of that worthless deku, but I can't say why..."
Tired due to the stress of worrying, she sighed, "For one, Izuku is not worthless. Stop calling him that horrible nickname..."

That made the blond boy throw an absolute fit. She was supposed to be his mother, danmit! "Why is he your favorite?!"

In the end, that made her snap. "Because he doesn't insult me or shout at me all the time! Do you know how much that hurts?!"

Speechless, Katsuki looked properly at her. Her eyes had deep bags under them, and it was clear that she had been crying since she heard the news. But now, her tears weren't of worry, but of fury. "Everyone else pampers you, and I have to be the one to teach you how to be a better person, but you ignore me, insult me, and degrade me every single day! You want to know why I like him better than my own goddamn son?! Izuku is kind, despite all that he went through! He treats me like family, more than you ever have since you were 4!" She broke down into tears. All of the negative emotions had built up until now...

Again, he couldn't say a word... and now? He felt a new emotion, something foreign in his life... guilt.

Mitsuki continued sobbing, "And then I hear you get shot but you still hate me... I... I..." she glared at him for a moment, before resigning herself to trying to calm down. "I need time for myself. I can only be strong for so long." She stormed out of the kitchen and to the front door. Hearing the door slam, Katsuki felt terrible for the first time, for what just happened, but he didn't know how to express it.

Izuku lounged in his living room, watching another western, wanting to do nothing but relax. This one was a wired one... Cowboys vs. Aliens. Just as the group of cowboys arrived to take the fight to the aliens for kidnapping their fellow countrymen, however, the doorbell rang.

"Coming..." He got up slowly, making his way over. He was still sore from the USJ event, and was hoping this wasn't a salesman or something... only to finally open the door... to find Mitsuki a sobbing mess.

Putting all his concerns aside, he immediately went to her side, escorting the blonde inside. "Aunty... come in, are you alright?"
Her words were slight slurred due to her emotions, but he could make out an apology. An unwarranted one, "Sorry for coming like this..."

His voice was gentle as he led her to the living room. Pausing the movie, the greenette did his best to comfort his honorary aunt. "No, it's all right... please... tell me what happened..."
Sniffling, she explained, "Katsuki got mad at me again when all I asked him was if he was ok..."
That angered him. Yet again, that blond firecracker only thought of himself, and hurt someone he loved dearly. Izuku didn't care if he was the target, but did care when others were involved. "No... I know he's a jerk, but that's heartless..."
She laughed slightly at what she said next, but it was humorless, "I confessed that I see you as a better son than he is..."
Izuku glanced at the kitchen, not really hungry himself, but wanting to be a good host for his guest. "... how about you stay here... I was in the middle of watching a movie. That usually calms me down... I'll make some popcorn."

However, that plan was dashed when Mitsuki, instead, requested his company instead, "I don't want any popcorn... can you just be here...?"
Not able to refuse that request, he stayed where he was, "Sure, Aunty."
Izuku leant on the edge of the couch, and Mitsuki leant against him. Finally content, she fell asleep as the admittedly cheesy movie continued. After the fun,the greenette carefully picked her up and took her to his mother's room, and tucked her in, letting her sleep. As the blonde did so, Izuku, keen to release his emotions in a... productive outlet... fashioned more rounds for the Redeemer and for his pistols, which he now has named Aurum and Argentum. He also reforged them to reflect their names, a pistol plated in white gold and silver.

Late that evening, Izuku's landline received a phone call. As soon as he answered it, the green haired boy immediately regretted that choice. He heard Katsuki's voice, even if it was greatly subdued. "Hey nerd..."
Growling, the greenette let the blond know exactly what he was thinking. "I should hang up on you right now."
Instead of a demanding voice, Katsuki instead pleaded, "Let me say what I called you to say..."
He sighed, and rubbed his forehead, already regretting what he was about to say. "I'll give you 5 minutes."
His fist question didn't surprise him. "Is mom there?"
However, Izuku wasn't going to let him avoid the issue. "Oh, now you call her mom?"

The concern would've been rather touching... if Izuku wasn't so jaded about his former tormentor. "I'm worried, she hasn't come home..."
He explained with very little patience he had remaining, "She stayed over here. If I were you, I would wait 'till tomorrow. You made a terrible mistake today, Katsuki."

Katsuki panicked slightly, sensing the imminent end of the call, "Deku, look, I'm sorry."

"I don't want to hear it. Good night." He hung up, and went to bed. Katsuki will face the consequences of his actions tomorrow. For now, Izuku just wanted sleep.