Reconciliation

Next morning, Izuku woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs eminating from the kitchen. Getting up, he got dressed, then went to the source. Seeing the blonde cook while humming, clearly in a better mood than yesterday. Hearing him enter, Aunty Mitsuki called out to him, "Thanks for helping me last night, Izuku."

He waved away the thanks, "No problem, you helped me when I needed it... Thanks for breakfast."

"Of course, Izuku." She handed him a plate, and it was clearly made with care.

Sitting down at the small table, Izuku took a bite before... telling her about what happened after she fell asleep. "Katsuki called last night after you fell asleep, worried about you. I told him he'll need a damn good apology."

She sighed, before, whispering, "So he does care."
The boy nodded, "Despite his insults, it appears that he does. The question is... will you accept his apology...?"
Mitsuki didn't meet his eyes. "I... I don't know..."

Just then there was a knock at the door. Izuku went over and opened it to see Katsuki. Instead of his normal aggressive nature, he was sullen. Subdued. "Is... is mom here?"
With a voice as sharp as a steel blade, "Yes."

Faltering even more under the greenette's scorching gaze... he could barely ask. "Can I see her...?"

Izuku called to Mitsuki, with more tenderness and care than the explosive blond ever heard at school or for anyone else. "Aunty, do you want to see Katsuki?"

Her voice was quiet as she wished to do nothing with this. "Sure..."
The air in the room was tense as the two stood across from each other. Katsuki spoke first, fumbling with his words "Look, mom, I'm not great at this... I never apologize and I don't really know how... but I'm sorry. For all of what I've done."

She cried and smiled. "You've actually grown up..."

Katsuki didn't smile yet, instead, making a promise. A true desire to change. "I'm going to try to be nicer to you... but I'd like one favor."
"And what would that be?"
"Please stop hitting me when you get annoyed."
She laughed at the request "I'll try."

Izuku smiled seeing mother and son finally get along. Katsuki turned to Izuku and asked him carefully, "Hey... did you get into UA? I know that was your dream..."

His smile turned bitter, "I was rejected for being quirkless."
"O-oh..."
Bitterness echoed from his voice, and it was clear that he was still fuming over the results in his own way, in his own time. "It's ok. It's not like the whole world hates me for something I can't control..."
Bakugo started to try to apologize, but it was clear that he had a lot of work ahead of him. Especially when he had to physically stop himself from using the derogatory terms he was oh so used to. "N... Izuku, I'm sorry."
To his credit, the greenette couldn't believe what he just heard either. "What..."
"I'm sorry for all the years of being fucking garbage to everyone... I'm going to try to change to be nicer, but it'll be hard..."
"You realize I hate you, right?"
Bakugo already knew that, how could he not? Even still, he met the emerald gaze with his own. "I know."

If he's really sincere... "I'll give you one chance. If you break it, I'm done."

"That's... that's fair..."
"Aww, everyone's becoming nicer to each other!" Mitsuki was genuinely happy at the development. She checked the time. "I'll make lunch, how about you show him some of your projects?"
Nervous, Izuku laughed hesitantly, as he made an... exit. "Uh... just let me tidy up my room first. It's a bit messy."

After the greenette left, Katsuki asked his mother, "So what happened with him?"
Even with a happy voice, one could hear her worries and her frustration with his situation, "Well, let's see, everyone hated him for years, he was rejected from UA's support course for being quirkless, even with his high marks on exams, and his mother was killed by Endeavour... Wouldn't you be bitter as well?"